Changing you driving lic in São Paulo

I would like to ask if I can change my international Pakistani driving lic in São Paulo and if I can please advice me the office which I can go to.

Hi faisalspower,

your topic is now on the Sao Paulo forum.

It is not the IDP - International Driver's Permit that you can exchange for a Brazilian Carteira Nacional de Habilitação. It must be your regular Pakistani Driver's License which must also still be valid.

You need to have it translated by a sworn translator (Tradutor Juramentado), it must also be authenticated by the Pakistan Consulate-General (guess there's one in São Paulo), and then you go to DETRAN-SP to request the exchange. You will need to write a test and have physical, vision and psychological exams with approved medical personnel.

Note: You can drive using your current license (if still valid) for up to 180 days from your arrival in Brazil. After that you require a Brazilian CNH

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you for info one more thing I don't know how to write Portuguese ,test which you talking about its in Portuguese also ,can I request it to take in English .

No, the official language of this country is Portuguese, so everything the government does is in that language.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team