Indian people make unity in Oslo

Hello Indians

I would like to say that as you indian make indian community talk
Each other, help new arrival in Oslo, norway.
As you live in Oslo you can help to new commer. Post right information
About accomodation, job, city guid in indian menner.

Jay Hind
You should proud to be an Indian.

Hi friends,

I got job interviews in Oslo to which I have to attend on 21 and 22 of this month. Can anyone of you living in Oslo help me with accomodation for 21 and 22 of this month. Thank you

Hi
You should book anker hostel , oslo
Its chipest & good hotel.

nice idea ! i am planning to move to Norway and surely need some suggestions

Ritika

Hi Ritika
When will u mOve to Oslo ?
Did u apply for visa

Hi PCRPRAJAPATI
Thanks for your reply. I havn't got my visa,applied.
Do you stay there at OSLO?

Ritika

hiii.my name is priyank and i m from Amritsar India.i apply for job seeker visa for Norway recently.my qualification is diploma in civil engineering with 2 year experience.i wanna know how often i get a job in Norway as my qualification.please help me.its really helpful for me.

regards priyank.

hhiii 
I am prince bhanot from india i apply my work visa 4 norway pls tell me some thing about oslo i mean how was a weather n job life style and can u tell your num bro

hii bro weather is really cool in winters.its now -2 at afternoon.

bro whear r u rt now in india or norway

Hi Everyone,

I am Bipro from Bangalore. I have enrolled for M.S information Security in Gjovik University college. I need some guidance as what is the cheapest place to stay for a student near Gjovik?

Also, I have two years experience in NETWORK Security, so will that be possible for me to get a part time job as well??

Looking forward to your replies. thanks :)

Hai,
       I am kumar,from India. Now i am applying Noray job seeker visa scheme in norway consulate.If any body help ,how to get tenant agreement in oslo,whether anybody have room vacancy pls let it me know my mail ID [email protected]

Hi, rightnow i am in Oslo can i have your no. to contact you please i need help from you not with money

Hi Friends, I am getting an offer to work in Oslo, Norway. I am thinking that how much should be a decent monthly income for a couple to live comfortably there? I know it depends on my life style but on an average, can someone share some ideas or break-ups on monthly expenses?

Taxes here are huge...Almost 35%..Its damn expensive...SO get to know in advance how much u`ll get in hand after all these tax cut....Apartment will cost you arounf 9500 to 10000NOK per month.

Hello,

This is Namrata from India.

Hope you doing well.

I am moving to Oslo, with my husband and 8 months old daughter.
My husband, gaurav has received his work permit.He is going to fly to Norway on the 29th of this month. Me and my daughter will follow him once he finds an apartment.  As we prepare for shopping for Norway, I seek for your guidance.

Gaurav's office is located in Bankplassen 2, 0151 Oslo, Please could you recommend a good area to live in. We are looking for apartments on the FINN.NO website, but since we have never been to Norway, was looking for some guidance on the suggestive areas to look at.

1. Are we allowed to carry indian spices with us on the flight and also can this be sent by cargo.?
2. I am planning to carry small packings of spices alongwith food items (rice, dal etc in small packings) with me as I fly, so can use it immediately upon arrival - till I receive my cargo. Your thoughts..
3. We arrive during summers, so will have ample time to purchase overcoats. Do you think we should purchase overcoats from india??
Also, I am just a little concerned about my 8 months old daughter. Could you please suggest what kind of clothes should I purchase for her for summers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your assistance.

it would also be a pleasure to meet you in person once we arrive Oslo.

Best regards,
Namrata

Hi Namrata,

Welcome to Oslo!!!

Your husband's workplace is very close to the city center from where all type of transportation facilities such as trains, trams, buses are available. So it will be easy for him to communicate even if you stay a bit farther.

West Oslo is a posh area where the rich Norwegians prefer to stay. It includes Frogner, Majorsteun, areas close to National Theatre such Slottsparken, Solli, etc. Rents are generally higher than as compared to Eastern parts of Oslo.

If you have budget restrictions, East Oslo is the preferred place. Most of East Europeans and expat community stay there.

On an average, 1 BHK will rent out to 10K whereas a 2BHK will be 14K NOK.

There is no better way than Finn.no to search an apartment. Note that all landlords generally ask for 3 months rent towards deposit. Make sure that you have kept sufficient funds for this.

I don't think there's any issue in carrying Indians spices in the flight. But bring these items in your check in baggage and not in hand baggage. I would recommend you to still surf web and see the list of items barred in Norway. Also, note that there several Pakistani shops in Gronland where you can get all Indian spices and foodstuff items. No need to bring them from India in baggage. You can instead put on additional cloths for your daughter.

Bringing food items in cargo from such a far away place really does make any sense economically. You will end paying huge amount for the cargo. Instead put that money in buying things locally.

Understand you are flying later on. So, by the time you come here, your husband might have been well versed with the grocery shops in Oslo. I really think there's no need for you to unnecessarily carry that extra weight of food items. You can of course send some essential items along with your husband eg: 1Kg rice, dal, Maggi, ready to eat parathas) for his initial settling period.

I think you come prepared with the winter clothing from India itself. Because these items are very costly here. Even during summers, temperature hardly goes above 20 Deg C. So you might also require light jackets for the summer time.

Thermal inner wears, monkey cap, sweater, good quality gloves and socks would not only be recommended for children but also for adults. If the shoes have flat base, people do slip over the snow. Make sure that you buy shoes with a good grip. Jeans is the most preferred wear for such colder climates. Keep at least a pair of all the above things for all of you.

Nebulizer is one thing that I would recommend for small babies. Due to sudden change in climatic conditions, most of the people fall sick at least once after arriving here. Cold, cough and fever are common within 2 weeks after arrival. Ask your husband to bring with him cough syrup, coldarin, vicks, panadol, etc. These things are really handy since it takes at least 1-2 months time to get the Norway tax card only after which you are entitled to have the medical expenses covered through insurance. Otherwise, its heavenly expensive.

Good luck for your Norway shopping.

I came here from Dubai just 5 months back and all the above issues are still fresh in my mind. My wife had undergone the same difficulties that you are currently facing. So, I could give you such detailed inputs.

My wife and 1 year old daughter also have applied the visa now and are expected to reach here by end May.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers.

Amit Pawar

Hi,

I have recently moved to Oslo. Gonna be here for another 2-3 months. Would love to catch up with fellow Indians here in Oslo. Let me know if u wana catch up over a coffee/beer/walk.

Regards,
Amar

hi Amit,

i was going thru your comments, its very usefull, im planning to move to sandvika from dubai, my visa is under process,  i will be on 1 year contract 360nok per hrs, do you think this salary would be enough to run a family, 2 daughters below 5 years, and wife. pls. give your comments. is there any restriction bring electronic items.

which is the good place to get a 1betroom apartment close to sandvika

appriciate your help
thanks.

I will be applying visa for norway , is there job opportunity in norwaY, which part of norwaywil be more beneficial
I am an diploma in mechanical engg,once I reach wat will be the next step if I didn't get job coz wil be coming there 6 month job seekers visa
What are the course I can study
Please give me some idea
I am married and got a baby girl 1.6 years old
U can mail me [email protected]

Hi, I am in Oslo on a Work permit. Do let me know if you need any help

Hello everyone,

@ Nandhakumar, Welcome on board  :) thank you for wanting to help. However, this thread has been inactive since 2014, better you participate on more recent threads of the Oslo forum  :)

All the best,
Bhavna