Need info on expat security in India when I go for a visit

I have been informed that if we write to the appropriate dept. in India then the local police will get in touch with the person who has threatened us for our safety in India and will warn that person not to harm us while we are visiting India.  It seems that letter has to go through the local Indian Consulate in U.S..A to the concerned departments in India.  If any of you have any information on this please do let me know immediately since I am planning to go to India on December 01.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.

hi

why do I feel like some one is actually waiting in India to harm you. or is it just me? Of course there were couple of incidents. But it again depends on the circumstances. So try not to walk through weird places at night. If at night, walking among the crowd is safe. watch out of your wallet and phone. Do not carry any precious items. Southern India is much safer than the north. So have fun. enjoy your stay and try not to get into troubles.

peace

nevingomes wrote:

hi

why do I feel like some one is actually waiting in India to harm you. or is it just me? Of course there were couple of incidents.
peace

Maybe because OP said has been threatened ,no feelings involved.

ThanQ for your kind reply.  I have been threatened with dire consequences if I come to India.  This is a real threat since I have filed a property dispute in Bangalore.  The person forcibly occupying our house has threatened that if I get killed he will have the whole property to himself which is worth about 10 Crore rupees now.

Hello everyone,

@ pmuqsha, since your queries are about India, your thread has been moved to the India forum.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Are you planning on getting threatened ? why should anyone want to harm you ? do you feel you need extra protection by writing to the police beforehand ?having this attitude will surely make you suspicious of everyone just go and enjoy your trip and meet the variety of people who are friendly, India is a wonderful place with great people, I have been going on my own for years with no problem at all ! I feel you have to change your mind set and not to worry so much, if you have problems most will help you out, if you feel a serious offence is taking place phone the police. same as everywhere else

Have just re read that someone has occupied your property this should have been sorted out long before you go back, it is sounding like something that cannot be answered on this type of forum you need professional advice

Agree with bluepoppy. this is something beyond any advise or tips