Details about marrying Romanian

Hi all :)
I want to ask ( some one who has the same situation ) , about marriage from Romanian .
1)Is there restriction on the VISA ? ( Tourism one is OK ? or it must be something else ? )

2)What do I need exactly (as documents ) before I go to the embassy ?

3)how long doest it take these process ? and I must be there all the time ? or she can do something for me ?

4) Can I finish some of the process in the Romanian Embassy in my country ?

*if there is anything more important , please confirm me :)

so grateful , thank ;)

You have invitation  of romania ?

honz1234 wrote:

I want to ask ( some one who has the same situation ) , about marriage from Romanian .
1)Is there restriction on the VISA ? ( Tourism one is OK ? or it must be something else ? )

3)how long doest it take these process ? and I must be there all the time ? or she can do something for me ?

so grateful , thank ;)

1.  You can marry in Romania indifferent of the visa you hold.  If you are present in the country legally, then you can get married as long as you have all your documents in order.

2. Documents - this is discussed in depth on other topics in this forum and on the Romanian governments website. Please search for them.  Also, your prospective Romanian spouse should be able to find this information.

3.  You need to clarify, which process? The process of getting married, or the process of obtaining a visa?

4.  Again, depends which process you're talking about.  The marriage process, no...YOU must be present to do that.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Dear sir I have  romanian girl friend she sent me a visit invitation from romania so I wana ask that romanian embassy take any interview and what they will ask in interview ? Will you please guide me further how I can get visa because I have all documents now which embassy require for visa  please give me details thanks

romaniac wrote:
honz1234 wrote:

so grateful , thank ;)

1.  You can marry in Romania indifferent of the visa you hold.  If you are present in the country legally, then you can get married as long as you have all your documents in order.

2. Documents - this is discussed in depth on other topics in this forum and on the Romanian governments website. Please search for them.  Also, your prospective Romanian spouse should be able to find this information.

3.  You need to clarify, which process? The process of getting married, or the process of obtaining a visa?

4.  Again, depends which process you're talking about.  The marriage process, no...YOU must be present to do that.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

I would just like to say that you can't marry in Romania on visit visa. You can marry on work visa, study visa or if you are an asylum seeker.

fcbayern84 wrote:

I would just like to say that you can't marry in Romania on visit visa. You can marry on work visa, study visa or if you are an asylum seeker.

On what law are you basing that statement on?  From what I've read, it says a foreigner must simply have a visa that is valid when the file is submitted, and have validity on the day of the wedding.  It does NOT specify which types of visa's are valid/invalid.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
fcbayern84 wrote:

On what law are you basing that statement on?  From what I've read, it says a foreigner must simply have a visa that is valid when the file is submitted, and have validity on the day of the wedding.  It does NOT specify which types of visa's are valid/invalid.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

A quick google search gave me this link here and I think its worth a shout to even check with your local embassy or Primarie. Having said that I have a friend who went through similar experiences and he ended up marrying his gf in Dubai. I don't think many countries in the world would allow foreigners to marry on tourist visa mainly because tourist visa is for tourist purposes and not marriage.

You are spot on in this regard.

fcbayern84 wrote:

A quick google search gave me this link here and I think its worth a shout to even check with your local embassy or Primarie. Having said that I have a friend who went through similar experiences and he ended up marrying his gf in Dubai. I don't think many countries in the world would allow foreigners to marry on tourist visa mainly because tourist visa is for tourist purposes and not marriage.

I can tell first hand that I got married here as a tourist, and I know several other people (including those that had come on a invitation) that have also done the same.  I've seen no mention at any Primarie of visa types disallowed for marriage.  Again, can you reference a law or official source to base your statement on?

Romaniac

romaniac wrote:
fcbayern84 wrote:

I can tell first hand that I got married here as a tourist, and I know several other people (including those that had come on a invitation) that have also done the same.  I've seen no mention at any Primarie of visa types disallowed for marriage.  Again, can you reference a law or official source to base your statement on?

Romaniac

Well I have given the link in response and it stands valid. Of course I do think different nationalities go through different procedures in Romania because for an EU/EEA national to marry it can be quite easy. I would imagine for an Indian/Pakistani or Syrian national marriage can be a difficult task because all of documents have to super legalised. I still stand by statement because my friend went through the experience and he was not allowed to marry in Romania. Eventually his Romanian gf travelled to Dubai and they married over there in Romanian consulate.

fcbayern84 wrote:

Well I have given the link in response and it stands valid. Of course I do think different nationalities go through different procedures in Romania because for an EU/EEA national to marry it can be quite easy. I would imagine for an Indian/Pakistani or Syrian national marriage can be a difficult task because all of documents have to super legalised. I still stand by statement because my friend went through the experience and he was not allowed to marry in Romania. Eventually his Romanian gf travelled to Dubai and they married over there in Romanian consulate.

With all due respect, I don't think the Foundation for Youth and Women in Iasi is the national authority on immigration and civil law:)  Perhaps there were issues with his paperwork, most of know here that that the functionaries here can be temperamental and send people away for any reason.  In any case, I'm sure your friend had a nice wedding in Dubai...I wouldn't have minded that :)

romaniac wrote:
fcbayern84 wrote:

With all due respect, I don't think the Foundation for Youth and Women in Iasi is the national authority on immigration and civil law:)  Perhaps there were issues with his paperwork, most of know here that that the functionaries here can be temperamental and send people away for any reason.  In any case, I'm sure your friend had a nice wedding in Dubai...I wouldn't have minded that :)

I have tried searching the immigration site and the ministry site for any info but given that the Romanian immigration website has been designed by 2 year old so finding any kind of useful info on that website would be a herculean feat. I suggest to the original poster to find accurate info by contacting the Romanian embassy. On the contrary his gf can contact her local Primarie also and they'll give hre detailed info on how to get married in Romania.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : off topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi honz1234,

Do you have any more questions? Please do not hesitate to ask here.

Best of luck.
Christine

Why people you like to ask silly questions all the time here ????
Why you do not go online on the Romanian Foreign affairs Ministry website and read about all information you'd like to know !!!!! Why you don't want to bother your mind a bit by reading there and you want here to bother other people reading your posts and waste time replying to questions where all what you need is to try to read there ??!!!!

Please, use your own minds lest they might get rusted.

Romaniac, let me tell you dear that your answer is totally wrong. It is from your own mind not based on any legal truth. Legally, a visit visa is valid for getting married in Romania, of course after fulfilling all other needed documents.

If you really want to marry a Romanian woman, why then doesn't she go to the City Hall and then ask the Marriage Bureau about all needed documents for that and then inform your " Majesty" about all infos ?! This is in case you had a Romanian girlfriend and you both are getting along and planning for marriage. Otherwise, if you don't have yet any partner ready for that issue, why then asking about it ???!!! Or might you be thinking of coming to Romania by a tourist visa and buying from a supermarket a girl or woman to make that marriage !!!?????
It is really so appalling to read many posts talking about same issue and replying same questions, asking about Marriage in Romania as it is a potential game or adventure to indulge in , just for getting to the nearby gate to EU.
I would be pleased to read and either reply serious questions coming out from serious people with serious and logical relations with Romanian women leading to serious marriages. But reading superficial and trivial questions sounding as coming from flippant and dishonest people, makes me feel sick, even reading the replies to such questions...

Ben_el wrote:

Romaniac, let me tell you dear that your answer is totally wrong. It is from your own mind not based on any legal truth. Legally, a visit visa is valid for getting married in Romania, of course after fulfilling all other needed documents.

Excuse me, what exactly was I wrong about? I was NOT the member that stated that a visit visa was invalid for the purposes of getting married.  Perhaps you need to improve on your reading comprehension skills, instead of criticizing members that have difficulty finding information. 

If you have nothing useful or positive to contribute on the topic, then you need not participate on the topic.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Sorry romaniac, I did not intend you in my reply, was a typing mistake. So, take it easy and don't get much nervous, not good for your health.

Ben_el wrote:

... and then inform your " Majesty" about all infos ?! This is in case you had a Romanian girlfriend and you both are getting along and planning for marriage. Otherwise, if you don't have yet any partner ready for that issue, why then asking about it ???!!! Or might you be thinking of coming to Romania by a tourist visa and buying from a supermarket a girl or woman to make that marriage !!!?????

@Ben_el please, you're unfair with the other members. Could you please concentrate on helping other members instead of emitting an opinion about someone you don't even know ? We're here to help each other.

Thanks

Sorry to disturb you my bf who is a Romanian  and I are planning to get married this year he will  send me an invitation this week and hopefully in God's perfect time by the end of the month I will apply for visit visa . I just want to ask if anyone knows about the documents that needed in applying for marriage there in Romania ...I mean the latest because I just read this blog its 2015 so I hope I can hear from you guys :) I'm a Filipina currently working here in Singapore and im excited to go there and to be marry with my one and only love :)
Godbless us all