Need help finding accommodation in Romania

I will be working in Romania for 4 months & I'm struggling to find anything over the internet. 

Does anyone know of any good websites I can look at. Or should I wait untill I get to Romania?

Any information is helpful

thank you

Hi j_g,

I suggest you post an advert in the  section Housing in Romania please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

You would be better waiting till you arrive, it can all be done in a day after you arrive. You would really need to look at the property and area it is in and not go from the internet as pictures are very deceiving. All the agents are located close to each other and you can call in and ask them what they have. What area will you be living in?

It depends where you want to find accommodation. I have a flat to rent in Galati, I am not  a real estate agent - it's just a flat that my parents doesn't use. For other towns you should search for a real estate agency but be careful that they use to grow the commission when they see that you are a stranger. The usually commission is 50 % from the first rent.
if you have any questions write me at [email protected]. bye  bye

Hello
Send me exact details and I will find what you need if you will work in
Bucharest.
Rgds.,
Cristian
cmtx at mail dot com for direct answer

Hello,

What a bull shit I read sometimes about real estate agents. As in every job there are some crooks and idiots. That doesnt mean they are all like that.

In Amsterdam (I am Dutch) a lot of Romanians are arrested for criminal offenses. Does that mean that I say that all Romanians are criminals. NO, I dont do that, because they are not! It's great to be in Romania and to work and live with Romanians.

I own an agency since 2006 in Bucharest, very transparent and professional in how we work. We do NOT increase the commission when we see it is a stranger. I know many agents that do not do this.

An apartment for 4 monts is not very easy, but also not impossible. All depends on where you wish to stay, what your expectations are and what your budget is.

I agree that the best way is to source when you are here and yes, in one day you will find an apartment.

Normally we do not do short term transactions, but if I can help in anyway just let me know. (Also in case you need a second opinion or need assistance regarding the contract etc.) This advice will be free of charge.

Regards,

Isfahan
[link moderated]

[Moderated: please post in the Housing in Romania section pls]

No offense for the guy with the real estate agency but I had a guy brought to my apartment by a real estate agent and he paid the commission the same amount like the first rent, not 50% like usual! I just gave my opinion to the lady, the rest is for he to pay attention! good luck in finding a suitable home!

For short term flat or studio  i can sugest you where to look.Depends of ehat budget you have.Let me know if you are interested.Welcome to Romania!
Cristina

Hi,
Regarding the commission, in turkey where I am currently looking to relocate the real estate agents request 1rent and half. For instance, I'm looking for a flat at 1000euro, and all three agencies I talked to told me that they want 1,5rent as commission. So in Romania it's a lot better.

Now, an apartment for a couple of months you can find around Sala Palatului in Bucharest. There is a building there close to Sala Palatului where the owner rent all the apartments for such purposes. Fully furnished and in very good conditions. Let me know if you need more details.

Have a nice day,
Mona

You're from England too? :)

It really depends.  I have been quoted 25 euroes to travel 300 meters from the old Baneasa airport to Ikea by taxi. Go by recommendation only.  Some Buch agents are ok, many are not. White MountainProperty has a sound reputation bevause I spent 6 years as a fanatic workaholic making it so. Any google or youtube search will show that. But there are other good agencies too. Go by clients fb, not posh adverts.

We have 5 very nice apartments currently in Bucharest for example from 300-490 in Greenfields, Unirii x 2, Libertatii & Piata Alba  Uilia. Managed, new furniture etc. 

I'm also an expat & im not here for the salary! Im here because I love Romania.  If you need help, my team & I will willingly give it & not as a means of screwing people over. If you are able to write a post like this about us in future, thats my version of success.

Partly agree but if for example we (you or I) ran our agencies as corruptly as some local agents go, we wohld be eating prison food in pretty short order. The mentality pf bad agents is as you correctly point out but whay differs is, the system does not clamp.down as hard here as it would say, in the uk.  I know one agent for wxample who regularly rent clients apartmwnts out without yheir knowlwdge & she has 70 apartments under her control.  But yes, this is not a Romanian problem. With that I fully agree.

contact B&B's