Future expact family in bangkok looking for help

hi every one, me, my husband  and our 2 childrens (3 month and 20 month old) plan to come to live in Thailand starting form December. we are looking to rent a accommodation but we don't know which is better for our family a condo or house? which area is more convenient for us? as we want my girl will join the French school later considering the price , the space for our the kids, mosquitos
the work location is in rama 9
for the transportation we think to rent a car but we don't know if its the best option or not
please dear expats any one who have any advice or help don't hesitate to share it with me, I am very stressful as I am looking for the best of my kids

thanks in advance

Start to read this forum about " Cost of living in Thailand – 2015 " : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439091

Everything is possible but it will depends on your budget, everybody have different life style, international schools can be costly too !! ( some start around 200,000 THB per year per kid, but it can go over half million baht per year per kid )

Sowatee Kup

i live in Thailand
don t forget in Thailand we drive on the British side of the street, not the north american side   ....if your not used to it...it s crazy cause the traffic in Bangkok is like any big city  and more because of all the sooters all around ......   this could easly become a real issue for you guys id not used to it....so the closer to the BTS  ( metro) the better

taxis are cheap so my suggestion is to wait before renting a car
and if ever u have a accident you will always be wrong ...  no matter.....your the Farang 

a condo is safer.... specially one with a guard at the door ...... 
BTS (metro) is fast, good, clean ....it runs all over the city
if u have questions, please ask

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not use the forum to promote the services of your company. You may recommend your company in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi there
you better find a condo Bangkok to rent. Condo is much more convenient, safety, and you might meet foreigner community.

For transportation, it might be a bit hard for you at the first but after a while you can take the BTS which I believe that will near your condo (condo bangkok now build along the BTS Line) and that could save up your time of being on the road,

good luck

To start with. Relocating to Bangkok is great and you can be relaxed. Things will fall into place here easily. Now - you do not seem to know all too much yet. If I were you, I initially would move into a condominium for a start. Sign a 12 month contract for furnished accomodation  close to the workplace (traffic in BKK is unpredictable), making sure you have shopping facilities nearby. Settle in, get all paperworks done, learn about French school´s location, expense levels, living areas and to which extend you can use public transport. The more of public transport (BTS (Skytrain) and MRT (Underground) ) the better. Weekdays I am trying to only use our car between 10 am - 2 pm and after 8 pm. And stay inside when it is raining. Otherwise the likely hood of driving  half an hour for a distance you could have walked in ten minutes is just too high.