Udi monthly emails

Hallo good people, for those waiting for their family reunion visa or fiancee visas, did you get called for an interview, if yes, how long did you wait for the visa reply after the interview, and how long does it take for udi to grant a visa when they send an email to say that they are yet to finalise your application

I can only share regarding the granting after receiving the email that says

"Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to finalize your application"

I received mine last March 9, 2015 and then received the result on June 19,2015.

We were never summoned for any interview so I don't know about that part :)

Thank you steph25,that's approximately 2months,, we have been waiting since April 2014

I guess you might receive yours this month, wishing you the best :)

I will surely come back and post here to encourage someone else

I had an appointment last july 9 2015
And i havent recieve any letter from embassy or UDI
.. Did you guys got an email before a month of waiting? Please share you experience

i had applied for family reunification with spouse last june... its been a month and 18 days now,  still nothing...  no emails from the embassy, nor from UDI :(

Honey, people waiting  13-15 month.....

yes,  i know some are waiting for longer months... i didnt mean to be insensitive towards them... i'm just saying that its been more than a month now and its still not even clear if UDI will be processing my application... and i have not received ANY update for my case..

i just shared what im experiencing since someone is going thru the same thing as i am,  and wondering if others are going thru the same...

in this kind of community,  it is important to share ur experiences since most of us are clueless during the visa process after an application is submitted.. sharing can also give others direction, as well as hope... so im not being impatient, just sharing what im going thru since another member is wondering as well..

:)

pheebz0501 wrote:

yes,  i know some are waiting for longer months... i didnt mean to be insensitive towards them... i'm just saying that its been more than a month now and its still not even clear if UDI will be processing my application... and i have not received ANY update for my case..

i just shared what im experiencing since someone is going thru the same thing as i am,  and wondering if others are going thru the same...

in this kind of community,  it is important to share ur experiences since most of us are clueless during the visa process after an application is submitted.. sharing can also give others direction, as well as hope... so im not being impatient, just sharing what im going thru since another member is wondering as well..

Hiyaa, as long as you received an email from them confirming receipt of your application, you will get monthly emails from them. If they have sent you a mail confirming receipt, count that as  the mail for first month. You should receive an email sometime in August since you applied in June.

MO86 wrote:

Thank you steph25,that's approximately 2months,, we have been waiting since April 2014

Oh dear! I hope they answer you soonest, how have you been coping? We have only 'celebrated' our fourth month waiting and it has not been easy! Are you and your fiance married already?

abimk wrote:
MO86 wrote:

Oh dear! I hope they answer you soonest, how have you been coping? We have only 'celebrated' our fourth month waiting and it has not been easy! Are you and your fiance married already?

Hi, yeah, we got married in April, its been such a long wait but we believe we are almost reaching the finishing line, 18 months in October, hope they reduce the waiting times soon and you get early response

Hi,

Me been waiting for almost 2 years. I submitted my application last january 2014 till now haven't receive any feedback yet. I called the embassy but they say that my application is in UDI, but unfortunately I give the authorization to my husband and to her ex, so i don't know if I get the feedback or not. But they say wait again another 9 months less or more.

milanie wrote:

Hi,

Me been waiting for almost 2 years. I submitted my application last january 2014 till now haven't receive any feedback yet. I called the embassy but they say that my application is in UDI, but unfortunately I give the authorization to my husband and to her ex, so i don't know if I get the feedback or not. But they say wait again another 9 months less or more.

Oh my goodness, thats a really long time to wait, did your husband get invited for an interview,, do you also get monthly emails from udi?

My husband keep on coming back in Philippines so when UDI called him his not in Norway so when he came back this year last april UDI called him and submit some file from NAV because not knowing he file for retirment last year so some of his  papers must be updated again. So that's it waiting waiting and almost tired in waiting especially im here in my country and his there in Norway. It's better they tell me the truth if I go or not so that I will not expect in waiting waiting waiting. But hope they answer soon because my husband is my planning to come in my country next month. I hope there will be soon feedback from UDI. So tired of follow-ups and don't know if her ex-wife will receive the message what she will say so clueless at all... But wait while still alive.

MO86 wrote:
abimk wrote:
MO86 wrote:

Hi, yeah, we got married in April, its been such a long wait but we believe we are almost reaching the finishing line, 18 months in October, hope they reduce the waiting times soon and you get early response

I wish you the very best! Pls share the good news when it comes...

abimk wrote:

Hiyaa, as long as you received an email from them confirming receipt of your application, you will get monthly emails from them. If they have sent you a mail confirming receipt, count that as  the mail for first month. You should receive an email sometime in August since you applied in June.

thanks abimk,  i will keep this in mind.. :)

for my case,  i havent received any kind of email,  not anything about the UDI receiving my application,  not even about the embassy receiving my documents.. and its soon 2 months since i applied.. the thing is,  Norwegian embassy in the philippines can make decisions on family-immigration applications so it is possible to get faster response... often before the 2nd month after submission,  we alrdy know if its forwarded to UDI for another 1yr of waiting or if its approved.. not getting any emails at all, i see it as a silver lining.. so i am remaining hopeful that i wont be forwarded to UDI.. :)

did u get the email that UDI received ur application 2 months after u submitted ur documents? if u don't mind me asking,  did it say there how much ur waiting time will be? i had read in UDI that the waiting time is  counted starting from when u submitted the application documents at the embassy.. did the email from UDI email said otherwise?

i would appreciate it if u can share these information..

pheebz0501 wrote:
abimk wrote:

thanks abimk,  i will keep this in mind.. :)

for my case,  i havent received any kind of email,  not anything about the UDI receiving my application,  not even about the embassy receiving my documents.. and its soon 2 months since i applied.. the thing is,  Norwegian embassy in the philippines can make decisions on family-immigration applications so it is possible to get faster response... often before the 2nd month after submission,  we alrdy know if its forwarded to UDI for another 1yr of waiting or if its approved.. not getting any emails at all, i see it as a silver lining.. so i am remaining hopeful that i wont be forwarded to UDI.. :)

did u get the email that UDI received ur application 2 months after u submitted ur documents? if u don't mind me asking,  did it say there how much ur waiting time will be? i had read in UDI that the waiting time is  counted starting from when u submitted the application documents at the embassy.. did the email from UDI email said otherwise?

i would appreciate it if u can share these information..

Hiya! Yes I did and have been receiving mails since April. 18 months is the time stated in my emails.. 4 down, 14 to go :( Hope to get surprised though.. I guess you would receive yours soon then... Lykke till :)

awww.. sorry to hear that UDI only "acknowledged" ur application after 2 months of submitting ur documents... :( it sounds unfair that u have to add 2 more months to the specified 18 months of waiting.. coz i have read someone's application was received by UDI 5 months after she submitted her documents.... but yea,  lets be positive :) i've read some people get answers at a much  earlier time than what's  stated on the case processing times of UDI..

i am only at the beginning of the long agonizing process of waiting for an approval,  and already depression is hitting me :( its hard to be away from the person we love.. i can only imagine how hard it  is to be waiting for months or even years before being granted a visa.. :( still, lets remain hopeful :)

thank you for the good wishes,  and i hope we all get good news soon

hi milanie..

i am so sorry to hear that you had been waiting for that long.. it sounds too long to be not having any result or kind of update until now..

as u mentioned, ur husband's ex was the one authorized on your case and is getting informed about the progress of your visa application.. i would just  like to share,  that based on a UDI circular (source link below),  you as the applicant have full rights on information regarding your application ..

that being said,  try calling the visa section of the Norwegian embassy in the Philippines (i assume u applied from here) and check for the status on your application..  maybe there's progress or its alrdy approved,  they can tell u about it..

you can also ask your husband to call UDI, also mentioned that you had been waiting for almost two yrs.. if maybe he is due for an interview, he should try reschedule with the politi.. it may also be possible to ask them what you can do to update the point-of-contact for your case so they can contact u and ur husband for updates, instead of ur husband's ex..

hope u get information about the progress of ur case,  and i wish u all the best.!

source:
udiregelverk.no - Parties' right of access to information - The right of the parties to acquaint themselves with information in their own case - the Public Administration Act sections 17-21

Hi. I was just wondering if anybody of you here got their application for family reunification visa being forwarded to udi yet had a fast approval that doesn't reach to 9months onwards, i still wanted to keep my hope up despite all of this waiting game of that UDI thingy.  :sosad: I am on my fresh stage of waiting.

hi my fellow filipinas..

Since the case processing times for us Filipinos are slightly different than most applications from other countries, i decided to start a thread dedicated for this topic Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines

i encourage you to read my thread and discuss your experiences about your follow-ups or how long you had been waiting...

thank you :)

MO86 wrote:

I will surely come back and post here to encourage someone else

Hiya! Any news yet???

Hi, just sharing, I got mine after 1.2month of waiting even my kids are Norwegian.and my adopted daughter still waiting its has been 2.5 years since

Hi. I was just wondering why udi has not sent me an email yet, regarding the update of our application, i read they do send emails monthly. It's been a month since they received and acknowledged my application yet they have not sent any email whatsoever. Hmmm :(

Are you currently  in norway? I receive email updates now and then but not really monthly

No, I'm currently here in the Philippines, i have never been to norway yet. I just read that a lot of applicants received monthly updates once their case was received by UDI. But anyway thanks for the info. 😊

hello Stephy!!! what was that interview? do u have your visa already?
I received that same email last Aug 25 stating not yet finalized...

Hi

It is stated that if one of the couple is 25 or below when they got married there is a possibility of an interview.

Also there are some cases that on the 9th month if udi thinks they need further information they push back the application to the politi and aummon the applicant for an interview.

I cannot give further personal experience regarding this because i was never summoned for an interview.

With your other question. Yes i already have my permit it was granted June 2015 :)

I hope you receive yours soon

when did you applied? ako kasi Dec 12 last year

I applied june last year too

thanks for that reply!! hope I will have mine before this year ends...

Hello! You applied fiance visa last dec 12? Ako dec 02 2015 and im still waiting for result

Hello everyone! :)

Good news, i have just been granted a visa (Family reunification with Spouse). I am so happy! :) So there is still hope for those applicants who were forwarded to UDI, there's still a chance to get the visa fast, i only waited for 5weeks despite of their standard processing time of 9 months. So goodluck everybody and hope that you will also get your visa soon! :)

Wow you are so lucky! I applied dec 02,2014 and now still waiting 😞😞😞😞. Hope to get mine soon!

Shelly2014 wrote:

Hello everyone! :)

Good news, i have just been granted a visa (Family reunification with Spouse). I am so happy! :) So there is still hope for those applicants who were forwarded to UDI, there's still a chance to get the visa fast, i only waited for 5weeks despite of their standard processing time of 9 months. So goodluck everybody and hope that you will also get your visa soon! :)

Hello Shelly!! I am happy for you that you already have your visa in 5 weeks.  Me and Jazme have been waiting for almost 10 months now.  Just curious..did the UDI confirmed or have u received any emails from UDI confirming that they have your application already or your documents were just been here in the Philippines and Embassy here was the one who granted it?

Thanks!

Hi Shennils, thank you! :)

Yes, the embassy sent me an email that they forwarded my case to UDI, and the day after i also receive an email from UDI confirming that they have received my application. So i was really surprised that they granted my visa after 5weeks of waiting. :)

Sorry to hear that both of you are waiting for 10 months already, hope that you will receive your result soon! :)

Hi guys,
Filed Application on 24th August & Reached embassy on 26th August
Received email from UDI on on 28th August of confirmation of application forward to them.
Received 1st automated monthly email on 27th October.
No interview call so far..
A.

I handed in my application on 10th August and to this day I still haven't heard back from UDI in any way. No monthly emails...nothing.
I'm starting to worry. Does anyone have any advice?

me to same date...