Radio Stations in Bahrain

Hi all,

I have recently got a car and would like to listen to an English speaking/song station and cant seem to find any that are any good (by which I mean there is a lot of white noise and interference) what stations are good for me to listen to?
This might be a stupidish question as I know the answer is most of the time just scan the area until your car radio picks up a good signal, but I've tried this and it did not work.

Feel free to publish a list of radio stations with an other nationalities to help all looking for there native tongue.

91.4 Saudi Armco
And the navy base has one. Can't remember the details.
bbC as well. But that's just bad news

so 91.4 FM is English music and commentary?

Yes. I like it.
It isn't Grimmy on BBC 1 but will do

Ok I tried that station yesterday and today but it didn't pick anything up at all just white noise. Is it only on some parts of the island or should it be across the entire country?

Hi and welcome to Bahrain .

As for getting the white nosie , have you tried checking ur car's antenna , i know its a silly thing to say , but im telling you this through experience , as if your antenna is broken or not good it will definitly not recieve long range frequencies as good as it is supposed to.

106.3 is american station which is strong in juffair side, gets weaker as you move away. 91.4 is aramco station (saudi) which is stronger near the causeway side and as mujtaba19 suggested do check on your car antenna as well.  :top:

Thank you I will check the antenna to double check it isn't damaged. Ive been able to find 91.4FM and works fine while im in open space ie on the highway but once I move to confined areas like Juffair it goes completely I will try 106.3FM when im in that area. Thanks again :)

Hi All
I think the maintenance procedures didn't finish yet because the TV-Radio authority announced that the signal may be very week or absent during different periods through the day both for TV channels and Radio channels.
So I think you should try in different times though the day to pick it.
Yours,,, :)

Since the original poster also wishes to get a "one page for all" post, I will add the following:

BBC is on 101
Quran and Islam channel is 106.1
Subcontinent listeners, tune in to 104.2.