Could we get a visa for him while we wait on his norwegian passport?

i am from philippine 27 year old female and i was engaged to a norwegian guy and we apply on permit to marriage and passport for our baby on 7 month old.. and i was applying the visa it was granted and i was happy.. but i have problem on our baby cause we need to wait long time to process his norwegian passport.. my question is could we get a visa for him while we wait on his norwegian passport?? cause he has a philippine passport

Hi gabriel_04112015,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Norway forum for a better visibility.

hi gabriel.

if your baby is dual citizen (both Norwegian and Filipino), he dont need a visa to travel to Norway coz he is Norwegian citizen. even if you apply him a visa using his Philippine passport, he cant be granted a visa coz he is Norwegian citizen..  just wait for his norwegian passport and travel with that.

[Dual Citizen] Children....cannot be given a Schengen Visa in their Philippine (or other) passport as they are Norwegian citizens and must travel to Norway on a Norwegian passport. If you are planning a trip to Norway, it is important that you arrange for a Norwegian passport for the child/children prior to the trip.

source: Norway.ph (Norwegian embassy website)

hope this helps :)

gabriel_04112015 wrote:

i am from philippine 27 year old female and i was engaged to a norwegian guy and we apply on permit to marriage and passport for our baby on 7 month old.. and i was applying the visa it was granted and i was happy.. but i have problem on our baby cause we need to wait long time to process his norwegian passport.. my question is could we get a visa for him while we wait on his norwegian passport?? cause he has a philippine passport

As long as one of the parents is a norwegian citizen, the baby is automatically a norwegian citizen as well.  there is no need to apply visa for the baby to arrive Norway.

I don't know if you can get a hold of a ''Norwegian emergency passport'', but at least here in Norway if you're in a hurry to leave you can get an emergency passport which is valid for at least 6 months, i think. When you apply for it you get the passport right away, you just need to provide them a passport photo.

You can try and call if they can offer you that. :)

fornight wrote:
gabriel_04112015 wrote:

As long as one of the parents is a norwegian citizen, the baby is automatically a norwegian citizen as well.  there is no need to apply visa for the baby to arrive Norway.

Wrong, I have met a couple of parents that never applied for a citizenship for their kids in Norway.
If your child was born in the Philippines with a Norwegian father or mother, and you never applied for a citizenship in Norway that kid will not become a Norwegian citizen.
If you don't apply for their citizenship before they turn 18 it will be nearly impossible to get them there as a Norwegian citizen. They have to register the kid on a Norwegian system, because hospitals in the philippines don't do that. So that kid will not be automatically be a citizen if no one did anything

KMT91 wrote:

Wrong, I have met a couple of parents that never applied for a citizenship for their kids in Norway.
If your child was born in the Philippines with a Norwegian father or mother, and you never applied for a citizenship in Norway that kid will not become a Norwegian citizen.
If you don't apply for their citizenship before they turn 18 it will be nearly impossible to get them there as a Norwegian citizen. They have to register the kid on a Norwegian system, because hospitals in the philippines don't do that. So that kid will not be automatically be a citizen if no one did anything

i dont think the child needs to "apply" for a citizenship, the birth just needs to be registered to the Norwegian embassy if the child is born in the Philippines.. an "application" can be rejected by definition, and a kid born to a Norwegian parent cannot be denied citizenship if it is the law. But i believe this isnt the case for children born before 2006, so maybe this is what happened to the parents KMT91 knows:
Norwegian by birth -  UDI.no

but KMT91 is correct that the kid needs to be registered to the Norwegian system, like any other status changes of a citizen in another country (birth, marriage, divorce, annulment, death, etc) this needs to be registered to the National Registry of the country of citizenship (or Norwegian embassy in the Philippines).for more details, check here: Statsborgerskap, personnummer og pass for barn født på Filippinene - Nowegian Embassy website.

but going back to the topic in hand, the emergency passport sounds like the best option you have.. maybe you should call the embassy and check about it.. :)