Dog boarding kennels in Catalunya?

I live in Andorra, which means every time I turn the car around I am in another country (France or Spain).

I am looking for a recommendation for a decent dog-boarding kennel in Catalunya - somewhere near Girona would be good, since almost all routes to the Spanish Mediterranean from here pass close to that city. I want something for typical Brit pet-lovers - lots of treats and cuddles, but also good clean conditions and proper feeding (not over-feeding).

I've found plenty of good ones in France, but haven't been lucky in Spain yet. Any ideas?

There is a very good one here n Sta Cristina d'Aro. Perhaps a bit pricey but my dog stayed there and they looked after her well. Let me know if you want the name of the kennels, can't remember off the top of my heads just now. But I can find out.
wizardgold at gmail dot com

She had abusive owners before we got her, we rescued her from the chop and the Kennels were mindful of her problems.

BTW our dog is much improved now and starting to behave like a normal dog, It has taken nearly 6 months of care but we are getting there.

Hi,
Thanks for all the information. It would be very useful and I am sure that many people would be benefited from it. It is so important to have the right kennel for your pet when you are away so that they are very well taken care of.
:)

(moderated: no free ads on the forum please. You can register your company in our business directory)

We put our dog Stan into kennels in Besalu, Xavi is brilliant and can pick up and drop at the airport or somewhere close, not cheap but not pricey, his email is [email protected]

I have a "dog hotel" in the campo just off the A7/N340 near the village of El Perello.  The dogs live with my four - a shitsu, 2 chihuahuas and a mini yorkie - plus 4 cats in our house.   No kennels so they would live in the house with us as if they were at home.   We have a large walled garden with gates that are locked at all times so they cannot knock the handles down to open them!

I do not have CCTV available to transmit to owners but will take regular photos, at no extra charge, to send via email.

I have been kennelling/housing dogs for over 10 years and had many repeat customers.  I have references should you wish to see them.

My contact number in Spain is mobile 606 246 777 but email is a better contact as mobile reception in our area is almost non-existent.

We will be here over Christmas and the New Year and expect to be in Residence throughout the summer of 2016.

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Gail Gordon