Moving to London

Good morning!!!

Thinking of relocating from Greece to London.
I work as a cash in transit armored truck driver almost 8 years now
Does anyone knows about how's things works about my job in England?

Best regards
Spiros

Hi Spiros,

They are crying out for truck drivers in the UK; if you have a C/E driving licence and driver training certificate, you should find a job quite easily; if you have an ADR training certificate, even better.  Armoured truck drivers normally have to go through a UK security validation process, which may slow you down a bit.  I'd give Google a try if I were you and see what you can find.

Assuming you have an EU passport, you (currently) have the right to live and work in the UK; you might find London a bit expensive though; perhaps wiser to look a bit further outside the city.

Thanks for your answer cynic!!
From a quick search i saw that a lot of security companies like loomis and brinks looking for armored truck drivers all the time..probably because its a difficult job with  a lot overtime.
I ve got European driving license and security and truck driving certificate which as they told me can use it everywhere in Europe.so probably I ve got to see if I need an extra certificate for a job like this..I read that the armored truck drivers needs a license that costs almost 250£ but I ve got to ask.
I ve got place to live in London in zone 9 and I m thinking using my motorbike..

Best regards from Greece and thanks again for your answer!!
Spiros :)

Agreed.