Living cost in Bahrain

How much is living cost in Manama, Bahrain? I've visited couple of websites got not enough information but I would like someone to answers me here who also lives in Bahrain?
Monthly rent cost of Studio flat or Single room?
Monthly food cost? (Non alcoholic person)
Monthly bills (electric, gas, water) ?
Monthly Internet cost?
Monthly Mobile bill cost?
Taxi, bus or train cost?
  Monthly health cost?
Monthly school cost for kids?
It would be appreciated if someone gave me all the answers?

Hello fahads1982 and welcome to Expat.com

I invite you to check out threads in our Cost of living in Manama forum section, talking about living expenses and salary packages.

Regards
Kenjee

I would suggest that you check out the pinned post Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats as this should answer most of your questions.

Please come back to the forum with any questions which are not covered by this post.

TTFN

S

Wasn't there a sticky about this?  Called something wild like "Cost of Living in Bahrain".

I don't see it now and am curious if I am insane or I just missed something.

Hieee,

I am not sure about a studio apartment in manama, but a 2 bhk including electricity is approx 300 bd p.m
There will be no separate costs of gas (unless you are using a cylinder, there are elctricity stoves in many areas of manana used in ) and water , its all included in Rentals. 1 bhk are very difficult to find.

Food costs for a veg family for 2/3 can be approx 150-180 bd p.m

Internet costs depends on which company you are using. I get unlimited internet for 3 bd (viva)  but its slow after usage of 1 gb.

Mobile bills are usually 5/7 bd (if you are using calling cards like bolo card, etc) per month depending upon how many ISD calls u make.

Rest of ur queries , I have no clue.

Thanks and and what is bhk means?

it means 1 bedroom hall kitchen....

This is a hard question to answer because it depends on the individual and their living standards. From my general experience (which could be completely different to yours or anyone else's) my living costs are as follows:

Monthly rent cost of Studio flat or Single room?
I would say you could get somewhere for around BD200 which would be nice enough. Obviously could be a lot higher or lower depending on what you want. I spend BD390 all inclusive for a 2 bed apartment.

Monthly food cost? (Non alcoholic person)
I spend around BD50 or 60 on food alone but I never/very rarely eat out.

Monthly bills (electric, gas, water) ?
My bills (as with most accommodation) are all included with the price, if it isn't it can normally be negotiated in.

Monthly Internet cost?
My internet is included with my rent so doesn't apply with me, I have heard it is very cheap though.

Monthly Mobile bill cost?
I am on VIVA and I pay BD1 a week for unlimited internet, 50 minutes to other networks (free for VIVA to VIVA calls)

Taxi, bus or train cost?
Taxi are very expensive and there is no train network as yet. I have not used the bus but I have heard it is cheap. I rent a car for BD129/month and spend BD5 Max on petrol.

Monthly health cost?
My company provides me with medical care so doesn't cost me anything.

Monthly school cost for kids?
Sorry don't have kids so I have no idea

How much is living cost in Manama, Bahrain?
In total I spend roughly BD750 a month once I've added in other expenses such as alcohol, activity's and everything else.

I hope this helps and gives you some guidance, if you have any other questions just ask :)

Thanks