Current Storm Season

Mmmh  "Current Storm Season" eh??
Think thread being called "Non Storm Season" would be more accurate, at least in Sousa area!  Apart from much needed downpour couple of weeks or so ago- nada!

And as for these so called "weather forecasts", what a joke! 
Despite all the advances of computers,satellites etc utterly useless! 
The App I use gives a weekly forecast and yes its 99% crap- even for looking couple of days ahead!
Had a couple times where it said 88% chance of rain, by next day it had gone down to 40% and when the day arrived Yep, nada!
So I developed a new weather forecast system!  I tell yer its foolproof and 100% accurate!
You get up in the morning and stick your hand out of the window, if it comes back wet its raining, if its dry it aint! :-)

MMh sadly not very.. ermm..  long range, but certainly more accurate than these useless weather forecasts....But way things are going reckon the old hand is going to stay bone dry for considerably longer time:-(

Yup not much of a storm season in reality. AND we are grateful as it was intended for Hurricane's and Tropical Storms.  However this drought is not over for some areas!

Today here in La Romana we started out hot and sunny and  that changed to dark dark skies, then thunder and lightening and torrential rain.  Now it is over, still some dark skies off to the north and east........later maybe more rain.

But is the drought condition still a problem elsewhere in DR?  We're working on getting the pool up and running at our house and I feel a little guilty if there's still not much water around...

We had last few days with nice afternoon / evening showers around La Romana / Bayahibe, so we are good for the moment. Not sure how the north shore is doing, my friends were still complaining about it and the rest of the island.

We have had two nights this week with some good showers but that has been it for the last 4 months or so. Still about 50-60 inches behind for the year and that does not count being behind last year as well.

All grass, fields, gardens are still pretty brown.

Bob K

Well, here it is, November! With it's "guaranteed"  rains.
It's off to a great start here in Cabrera anyway.
The drought must be over here.

Looking at the weather from the last November, we didn't get any rain in Bayahibe area. So we are really happy this year is better, nice rain for the past few days! The low pressure system we have here now might turn into something more later on, let's see how fast is will move away

Apparently there are 2-4 distinct weather patterns here
on our beautiful Island, with the North Coast's rainy season
starting now.

However Demi is right last November we hardly had any rain even though it I supposed to be our rainy season.

So far this week we have had more rain here than in the last 8 months.   Love it

Bob K

Lots of rain here and last year almost none in November.