New members of the Azerbaijan forum, introduce yourself here

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com all new members. :happy:

I would simply like to remind you that this thread is only for the introduction of new members (name + a brief account of your project).

If you have questions, please field your questions on the Azerbaijan forum by creating a new topic.

If however, you want to communicate with a member on this thread on a particular subject, you are invited to do so in private message so that to keep this thread neat.

Best of luck to all of you, :)
Bhavna

Saad Hamid wrote:

kya ap baku main ho? if yes then i can help you

i am visiting Baku on Sep-2015. would you please tell me if its easy to find a job in Baku. I am accountant please PM. Thanks

hi everyone) now I live in England, but I was born in Baku and I love this city. I hope, I will soon return home)

Hi everybody. My name is Sergey and I'm very good man :)

Hello: I am considering a job offer from a well reputed organization in Baku and wanted to find out more about the city, its culture, way of life, cost of living etc.. I currently reside in Dubai and have been in Kuwait, KSA, Oman for the last 10 odd years.. How different is Baku from Dubai or Oman for instance?

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Faculty manager in BP Azerbaijan for last 10 years was made redundant by unknown reasons supposedly by sole decision of my manager, who is completely was not fair and competent in his role. Unfortunately supported from top management despite my outstanding performance over the years comparing to my competitor. Concern letter will be distributed to all instances, but recently looking for temporary job considering some difficult family circumstances. Are of my responsibilities included managemrnt of all aspects of building/property services inclusive of maintenance, cleaning, catering and mail services with influence to HSE and security services, working with close cooperation

Hello!

I am from Azerbaijan, Baku. I am an economist. I will be happy to answer your questions about my home country.

Regards,
R.

hi

i would love to be part of it as i am doing retail as well with famous brand in middle east market

my wechat id is *****

regards - raees

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Rob,

Hi. Where is the best place to go fishing or at least to learn?

Thanks. L

Hi everybody, I have been working in Azerbaijan for 3 years and my main interest in joining this forum is to find out ways how to help and volunteer for a good cause here in Azerbaijan. Can any of you guide me in the right direction?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Guillermo

[b]Still in care take in would get on to the sound feel in to it bass in day the sun is care your skin and sun glasses just want in mind go on what what to do choise for dream abous scilence what is your chanse go on care sunshine feel the bass and remember touch your mind about dinner your imagination is dreaming just go on [/b

Hi. I am from Pakistan and here in Baku since July 2016. I have been working with Grant Thornton ( one of the world leading Accountancy and Management Consultancy firm). So by profession , i am auditor with expertise in Accountancy, Audit, Finance, Risk Management, Governance, management consultancy, Fraud investigator and Business Development. I done my master in commerce ( accounting) and then got different professional certifications and diploma (USA and UK) in my main and allied filed of practice.

I would like to have professionally networking with people here for mutual benefits.

Alamgir Khan

Dear All,

Hope everyone is fine. I am Hassan and will be arriving in BAKU on Sep 23, 2016. I am from Islamabad - the beautiful capital city of Pakistan :) I will be working for a telecom company of Azerbaijan.

I look forward to meet fellow locals n expats to know more about their countries and to know about the places of get together. I heard language is a problem  in AZ, I would like to know what is the best way to deal with it. What is the rent for  1 or 2 bedroom apartment in a nice location such as near Port Baku Towers.

Looking forward to have pieces of advice and make some friends in Baku :)

Warm wishes to all.
Hassan

alamgirkhan01 wrote:

Hi. I am from Pakistan and here in Baku since July 2016. I have been working with Grant Thornton ( one of the world leading Accountancy and Management Consultancy firm). So by profession , i am auditor with expertise in Accountancy, Audit, Finance, Risk Management, Governance, management consultancy, Fraud investigator and Business Development. I done my master in commerce ( accounting) and then got different professional certifications and diploma (USA and UK) in my main and allied filed of practice.

I would like to have professionally networking with people here for mutual benefits.

Alamgir Khan

Assalam Alaikum Alamgir,
Hope u r well. m hassan from islamabad / pakistan. I will be coming to BAKU on Sep 23, 2016. R u living in BAKU? I wanted to know how big is the language barrier and how r things in BAKU now after currency devaluation. I will be working for Telecom sector. Any other advice that you would like to give. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to meet u.
Hassan

walikum salam

yes i am in baku! language is big issue here. As azeri is the primary language while russian is the second language. Very Few people, mostly in office can speak or understand english.

Currency devaluation is sigificant and expectation is that it will cross 1$ = 2 azn while current official rate is 1.63 while bank deal @ 1.70 but no bank will give you dollar , you can just sale a dollar at bank in these days. even in black market dollar rate cross 1.8 azn.

so, people who getting salary in local currency suffer a lot .

now's day getting a work permit is also an issue. it is adviceble to get work permit in advance. if possible fix you salary in dollar.

Are u working in Baku?

alamgirkhan01 wrote:

walikum salam

yes i am in baku! language is big issue here. As azeri is the primary language while russian is the second language. Very Few people, mostly in office can speak or understand english.

Currency devaluation is sigificant and expectation is that it will cross 1$ = 2 azn while current official rate is 1.63 while bank deal @ 1.70 but no bank will give you dollar , you can just sale a dollar at bank in these days. even in black market dollar rate cross 1.8 azn.

so, people who getting salary in local currency suffer a lot .

now's day getting a work permit is also an issue. it is adviceble to get work permit in advance. if possible fix you salary in dollar.

Thanks a lot for such a kind advice. I already have the business visa which is valid for 90 days as the company is saying that they will apply for my work permit once I will be at BAKU. i beleive with your recommendation, I will now ask them to provide me a permit before my arrival.

Thanks again. I will be on touch with you. God bless.

Kind Regards,
Hassan

Hi there, are any black people in Baku?

Lema12 wrote:

Are u working in Baku?

Hopefully by mid October

NO but my hubby will be coming there for a month. I need to know more about the country so I can know my hubby will be safe

hello,everyone, i am from China and will move to Baku from Jan 2017.

Hi to All!

I am a nurse ... I'm interested in moving to Azerbaijan does anyone know how to apply as a nurse there? Thank you in advance...

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640208

Thanks!

Closed