Beware of DHL Delivery crooks

Hey.

Yesterday my wife received a call from DHL Delivery guy that he have some international delivery for us and he is waiting outside our door to deliver . But since we were not at home so my wife asked him to visit us tomorrow and let us know the charges!  to my surprise the guy said we need to pay 170 Egyption Pound !!! ( for a product which worth no more then 10$. which of-course the delivery guy wasn't aware whats inside the parcel).

Anyways next day he came to deliver ..moment I opened the door very confidently he asked me in Arabic 170 LE. and to his bigger surprise I rudely asked him in Arabic " Ana Ayz raseed lay 170 LE" ( I need to see the receipt for what 170 LE) moment he found that I'm not an easy pray immediately gave me the receipt which was actually only 71 LE.

I would like to warn everyone do not fall victim to these guys ... This was with DHL ... be very careful never pay any money without receipt. This is my second incident ..previously it was with Egypt post ...for an item worth 5$ they charged me 120 LE for no good reason and that too without receipt.

Always ask for Receipt

Thank you for the heads up! Very useful info indeed.

However, I would have reported it to DHL, as I'm sure they will have nothing of this kind of robbery going around in their name. Very bad for their rep.

janka_75 wrote:

Thank you for the heads up! Very useful info indeed.

However, I would have reported it to DHL, as I'm sure they will have nothing of this kind of robbery going around in their name. Very bad for their rep.

I second that, as they represent DHL, and they should know what he did...... but anyway, thanks alimirza  for notifying us.

Hello. I'm a new member here and my husband works at DHL and this incident should not pass by lightly. Please message me airway bill number, delivery date or basically anything (like a copy of your receipt maybe) that could help DHL investigate this incident and rest assured it will be dealt with swiftly and professionally. Thanks a lot.

alimirza wrote:

Hey.

Yesterday my wife received a call from DHL Delivery guy that he have some international delivery for us and he is waiting outside our door to deliver . But since we were not at home so my wife asked him to visit us tomorrow and let us know the charges!  to my surprise the guy said we need to pay 170 Egyption Pound !!! ( for a product which worth no more then 10$. which of-course the delivery guy wasn't aware whats inside the parcel).

Anyways next day he came to deliver ..moment I opened the door very confidently he asked me in Arabic 170 LE. and to his bigger surprise I rudely asked him in Arabic " Ana Ayz raseed lay 170 LE" ( I need to see the receipt for what 170 LE) moment he found that I'm not an easy pray immediately gave me the receipt which was actually only 71 LE.

I would like to warn everyone do not fall victim to these guys ... This was with DHL ... be very careful never pay any money without receipt. This is my second incident ..previously it was with Egypt post ...for an item worth 5$ they charged me 120 LE for no good reason and that too without receipt.

Always ask for Receipt

Is it fair to generalize the delivery guys at DHL based on the action of a crook? Are all their delivery guys crooks? Is it even legal? Surely DHL can take legal action about this. I suppose unless you have good reasons to believe all their delivery guys are the same, and the company is responsible for this. If I was you, I would ask for this thread to be removed to avoid any potential legal consequences you can face by specifically criticizing collectively their delivery men. Unless you have knowledge about this or someone who does has advised you that it's acceptable to do this - which I highly doubt. I don't think they will take too kindly to this if it comes to their attention. You could of said the same thing, a general advice (which includes those at Egypt post) without being specific and risk opening yourself up to problems.

Beware of delivery crooks

I would like to warn everyone do not fall victim to these guys ... be very careful never pay any money without receipt.

Always ask for Receipt