Best country to learn English?

Hi" what is the best country to learn English ?

Guess it depends on how you want to do it.  Outside of the English speaking countries, most teach English while at school; there isn't a single country that has found the magic pill that would make them the best.  IMO, the best way to learn a language is to speak it, so any country where English is the mother language would help you in this.

abm1 wrote:

ENGLAND

abm1 wrote:

That's a question that's hard to answer objectively.  I could easily say United States, while someone else has already said England, someone else could say Canada or Australia :)  It depends if you're interested in a specific variation/dialect of English (not all English is the same), and your other goals.  There's no single correct answer to this question.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

I take it you're Saudi. Let us repeat your question, but slightly different (to make a point..):

Hi" what is the best country to learn Arabic ?

Is it Egypt, Yemen, KSA, Oman, Lebanon, Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Syria or ?

If someone is a student and planning to attend classes, that will be a little bit easier to answer. Do you intend to study it formally? Or do you want to spend some time abroad and learn as much as you can during your stay? What is the purpose of your travel?

chuckle_butty wrote:
abm1 wrote:

ENGLAND

Yeah, but certain places are best avoided! I don't know if that was English that I learnt in Newcastle. As I came to London and no one understood me. Whatever it was I was speaking, it wasn't English. Many times I was at my wits end. But it was mutual. Gadgie are ya ganning doon toon later? Sorry? I said are ya ganning doon toon or are ya not, aye or nee? Erm..I don't quite? Radgie u divin'na or are ya a divy?!!! I am a what?!! Reet, thats it, ya propa takin the mick ya twat. ****

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No foul language