Filipino community in Lima?

Hi , I am married to a Peruvian, we have a 2 years old daughter and we are planning on moving to Peru next year. I am from Philippines I would like to know if there is Filipino community in Lima.

hi gina, we have the same concern, i am in manila plan moves to peru.

Hi I'm Tesa mae I'm a filipina and my husband Melvi he is a Peruvian, if you planning to move here we can continue communicating by messages or in telephone. ..hi kumusta dito sa Perú makikita ang mga very old and nice buildings at iba pang mga exciting place...see you soon here...

@Melvi78

Please post in ENGLISH only.

This topic is talking about to the filipino community at Lima.
Filipinos use The language of England and the Philippines.

@Melvi78

The language of this forum is ENGLISH. That way members can understand the posts and perhaps offer information or advice.
Please read and understand the forum code of conduct.

Hi there, I am a Filipino ofw and might be working in Peru this coming month-April. My assignment might be in Lima first and will be moving to Arequipa later on. Just need some info regarding altitude sickness :)

Thanks a lot

Welcome to Perú in advance Worn Radio, in these months at Lima is the summer season according to El Niño phenomenum it will be until June from 23°C at night to 32°C at the noon, The climate of Lima has high humidity.
About the climate of Arequipa, It has dry weather, the capital City of Arequipa Region is Arequipa City, It is next to the mountains and "El Misti" volcano. In Lima City or Arequipa City you can buy Coca leaf/"hoja de coca" to prepare "Hot Coca Tea" to lessen the effects of the altitude sickness, I suggest you get a travel at night cause if you arrive at the early morning until 6am will be better for your health and to acclimatize.

Melvi,

Thank you very much for the information. Surely i will drink that tea :).
Between mountains of Arequipa & Cusco are much higher elevations. How about breathing?
should i need to worry? I mean, should i be having shortness of breathing all the time or will I be get used to it in couple of days or weeks...

Thank you once again for the information. :)

I suppose so one week It will be enough to acclimatize. Don't pretend to run or make physical effort in the first week cause it will be difficult to breath few minutes later.
Regards

Hi my aunt is moving in Peru as retired.individual. She's retired American, Filipina. Tagalog siya. She's looking for a place in Lima or somewhere safer. Or flood free area. Salamat.

Are there available jobs for Filipinos in Peru? If there is... What usual job offers they can get?

Hi Tesa, my name is Mekie and i am looking for a Filipino community here in Peru, Its just about 4 weeks since i moved here. I am living with my boyfriend. i saw your post, i am having a difficulties to communicate specially sa parents ng boyfriend ko, sana magkaroon ng chance na mabasa mo ang message ko. Gracias

There is a Philippines Consulate General in Lima. Perhaps contact him and see if there is a club or community in Peru.

Mr Raul Diez Canseco Terry    [email protected]

Hi quick question I'm living here in Peru in Trujillo any body knows any pilipino store in Lima ????? I'm craving for snacks from Philippines

Hi Melvin !!!! Quick question do you know any pilipino store in Lima ??? I'm pilipina lives here in Trujillo my husband is Peruvian . I'm almost 6months here and really miss my country food and snacks thank !!!!

I don't know any pinoy store at Lima.
Regards

Hi, I'm a Filipina and I'm now in Peru for vacation. Are there many Filipinos here?

Hi there. I will be moving to Peru next year and at the same time looking for any kind of job that fits me. Now, I want to know what are the usual job offers for Filipino in Peru? Thank you!

Hi!  I am an American Phillipino who will probably be there soon!  I am fairly American... but my mother was Philippina.

I also wanted to know cause a I am trying to bring a Filipino friend for work here

I belong to two fb groups of Filipino Community if you are interested to join or information about, send me a PM here.