Just off the Plane!!

Hi All,

Just arrived in Hanoi on Tuesday to start my new job and trying to settle in. Would be ace to meet others here both expats and locals alike who share my interests!!

Firstly though were is a good place to meet expats like me?

I like live music and dance music, clubbing, having a few beers or some wine, chilling out and seeing the sights.

Any advice welcome as I'm currently sitting in the company flat with nothing to do...

I'm also looking for an apartment that's fairly central and around 50sqm and upwards. Looking to move in ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Jools

Hi Jools,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Dear Jool, welcome to Hanoi!
I am living in Tay Ho str. This area is very suitable with forener. because almost of peopel who living here is foreners, there r some local people. if you can tell me which distric or the name of street where you want to live, maybe I can helf you.
Have a good time in Hanoi!
For somthing to drink, maybe during the weekend , we can sharing sthing for drink in any bar in the old quater ok?

hi, register yourself an account on newhanoian.xemzi.com. There're many events which attract expats and foreigners there. You can also ask about anything in the classified tab Ask ANH.

Cheers

P/S: Mai, you're so dedicated on this site ^^ How are you doing?

Hi Rojamin!
enjoy....salsa nhe' I will tell you all hehehe. Have a good nite!

Hey Folks..

Whoops!! Didnt mean to hit the return key twice there!!

Anyway, just a quick update to let you know I've finally moved into my own apartment just on Quan Thanh. Really nice place and should be nice and comfy!!

So thanks to Rojamin and Tieukhuy for the suggestions. If you have any more I'd be really grateful.

Thanks again

Jools

hi Jools, hope u find our HN awesome ^^ if u like some share about the city, contact me ;)

joolshodgson wrote:

Whoops!! Didnt mean to hit the return key twice there!!

Anyway, just a quick update to let you know I've finally moved into my own apartment just on Quan Thanh. Really nice place and should be nice and comfy!!

So thanks to Rojamin and Tieukhuy for the suggestions. If you have any more I'd be really grateful.

Thanks again

Jools

hheheh you r welcome. Have a good time in Vietnam!

Tieu Khuy

joolshodgson wrote:

Hi All,

Just arrived in Hanoi on Tuesday to start my new job and trying to settle in. Would be ace to meet others here both expats and locals alike who share my interests!!

Firstly though were is a good place to meet expats like me?

I like live music and dance music, clubbing, having a few beers or some wine, chilling out and seeing the sights.

Any advice welcome as I'm currently sitting in the company flat with nothing to do...

I'm also looking for an apartment that's fairly central and around 50sqm and upwards. Looking to move in ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Jools

Hello.
Nice to meet you.
Have a nice day.

Nguyễn Thị Luyến
Email: *******************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

You could go to Taboo, Phuc Tan and Temple, a lot of expats there :) or theres a cafe/bar just near Sheraton (Xuan Dieu), good for meeting expats like you. Hope it helps x

Hi,Jools.

Do you sitll have space for a new friend?

A young girl,laughing all day, loves children,good cooking, playing passionately. Serious and responsible work, she mixed Vietnamese,Chinese and Japanese. Living in Hanoi. Working as a volunteer and English teacher, Yoga teacher.
As long as you love her like she.
Would like to make friends with you?

Dear,Sakura.

Ohaio Sakura, Well come to Hanoi!

I love Sakura Matsuri, and I would like to see it again.

Cheer, Hai.

Hope your flight flew smoothly...lol...
Enjoy your time in Hanoi, the weather is fine...it is so cool these days...awesome for walking around and have some coffee in small and cute Cafe'around Old quarter...

Chase the troubles but don't let troubles chase you... :)

A young girl,laughing all day,

:huh::whistle:

As they say "

Laughter is the best medicine

" :proud:D:proud:D:proud:D:proud

sakura.reparato1 wrote:

Hi,Jools.

A young girl,laughing all day, loves children,good cooking, playing passionately. Serious and responsible work, she mixed Vietnamese,Chinese and Japanese. Living in Hanoi. Working as a volunteer and English teacher, Yoga teacher.

Dear,Sakura.

Hi Sakura,
I sent for you a email from Boss Company. My company need a reception for our event.
I found Japanese people living in Ho Chi Minh ( Viet Nam) city for my work.

I'll sent for you a proposal about our event.
Thanks.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum.
Event Boss wrote:
sakura.reparato1 wrote:

Hi,Jools.

Dear,Sakura.

Hi Sakura,
I sent for you a email from Boss Company. My company need a reception for our event.
I found Japanese people living in Ho Chi Minh ( Viet Nam) city for my work.

I'll sent for you a proposal about our event.
Thanks.

You have replied to a 3 year old inactive post so do not expect a response.
As advertising is not permitted on this section of the forum please post a free ad in the jobs section at the top of this page.
Thank you.

HI Jools,
Is it ok if i am a Vietnamese?
Don't worry i just want to be your friend to practice English.

Your english and spelling is bad; are you a teacher? Hope not. Laugh Out Loud.!!!

bigspringroll wrote:

Your english and spelling is bad; are you a teacher? Hope not. Laugh Out Loud.!!!

As the forum is populated with people from all over the world, many using hand held devices, we tend not to worry about such things unless someone claims proficiency in the language, actually advertising as a teacher.

Edit. I've just had a look at your posts - I'd skip complaining about lousy English or someone might just quote a few of your less than perfect attempts to use the language.

bigspringroll wrote:

Sorry, I that was mean for me to say.  I was joking but it was kinda mean.