Spouse work permit : Pls Advise

Hello everyone,

I shall be moving to the Phils to join a telecoms company in Manila. My girlfriend is an IT programmer in JAVA , working in a large organization in India.

I would like to know how shall I obtain work permit for her. As per Bureau of Immigration, it has to be sought by the sponsoring company, but she wont be having one when she comes here.

Would appreciate your suggestions :)

Kailash

She must be employ too to get the working permit. The prospective company will do the processing for her and dont worry, thats easy done i think..Goodluck and have more fun in the Philippines.

How would his girlfriend arrive in the Philippines? Would she be able to come on one type of visa, then find a job, and convert her visa once she had company sponsorship? What kinds of visas would these be and what is the liklihood it could be converted?

aimes79 wrote:

How would his girlfriend arrive in the Philippines? Would she be able to come on one type of visa, then find a job, and convert her visa once she had company sponsorship? What kinds of visas would these be and what is the liklihood it could be converted?

Thanks Ameena :)

honeyclotte wrote:

She must be employ too to get the working permit. The prospective company will do the processing for her and dont worry, thats easy done i think..Goodluck and have more fun in the Philippines.

Hi Honey,

Appreciate your revert
Can she come to the Phils with a tourist visa and get her company permit once she finds a suitable profile here in Manila

Regards
Dumpy

Yes She can. She can enter as Tourist and look for job like giving interview. Since she is Java so would not be much difficult. Later she can apply for work visa. There is a seperate process for that which is doable.

best of luck for job hunting there.

@ Ajay Gosain > Thank you for these information, however please note that you have participated to an old thread here. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: