Family Immigration Application to Work Permit Application

Hey Everyone,

I am currently in Norway awaiting the verdict of my fiancé permit application. We had planned to get married a couple months ago but Skaatetaten made a mistake and complicated things. So now I'm having to jump through new hoops just so that we can get married and change the fiancé permit application to a spouse permit application.

But that's not all...I know I'm not allowed to work while I'm waiting for UDI to process my case but what if I get offered a full time job by a company? Can I change the family immigration application to a work permit?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi TMilimo

as far as i know,  most Norwegian employers dont hire people without a valid residence permit

FOR EMPLOYERS: Employing someone who already lives in Norway
It is your responsibility as employer to check that foreign employees have a valid residence permit.

source: UDI.no click here

but if an employer can look past this requirement and still gives you a concrete job offer despite not having a valid residence permit, and the job being offered corresponds to ur education/skillset,  then i believe there's no problem if u apply for a work permit.. you can read more here: Skilled Worker - UDI. no

the only disadvantage im seeing with this is that you have to pay the fees for the work visa, and im not sure if u can refund the fees u paid for the family immigration permit (if u alrdy applied for spouse visa).. i dunno if "switching" is possible coz the fees are different... for this part, u probably should ask UDI...

Thanks for up or input Pheebz! 😃

What's the regulation for working in Norway as non-profit? Anyone?

Can you be a street singer, or a religious monk, give service in exchange for donation? ???

Hey deMoir Cai,

I actually found this website a few days ago. It's still in its first stages but it could help you find odd jobs: www.minijobber.no

You can also read here a bit about the tax regulations for odd jobs: http://minijobber.no/skattefri%20inntekt.html

But I also suggest you check the skattetaten website for more info.

Hei Tmilieo

Takk for linkene, men jeg er ikke ute etter en job.

Pa gjensyn.

Demor Cai

Hello there everyone,

@ deMor Cai

deMor Cai wrote:

Hei Tmilieo

Takk for linkene, men jeg er ikke ute etter en job.

Pa gjensyn.

Demor Cai

In english please so that every member of this Anglophone forum can fully understand.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

My friend got a job offer and employment contract before she obtained her visa.  Of course, the employment contract states "subject to valid residence permit".  she used the employment contract to apply for skilled worker visa.

there was some complication so she did not receive her visa before the 1st date of employment.  the company was nice enough to wait for her to receive notification from UDI that her visa is approved for her to start work.  It did not take long anyway.

Thanks Fornight, that makes me feel a little better!