State High School Admission for Visa 457

Helo everyone,

I just got my sub-class 457 visa granted last Wednesday. I will be living and working in Brisbane area, and will have my eldest son, 12 yrs old, staying with me and going to state school nearest the area. However, he will join me in the middle of next year, 2016, after I prepare & register the proper school for him.

My questions to those who have experienced it before:
1) Should I start by seeking for the school as I arrive?
2) As I will be staying in Aspley area, is Aspley State High School considered to be friendly for international students?
3) Do I have to pay for tuition fees with international students rate? Or is the tuition fee at no cost under my subclass 457 visa category? Is there anyway to get it less expensive or even free of charge?

Need your advice extremely.

Thank you.

Bobby

No schools fees in Queensland for 457 visa holders.

It's mainly just NSW and ACT that charge fees for 457 Visa holders

http://www.britzinoz.com/school-fees-on … sa-holders

Ferl so much relieve... Many thanx for the info 🙏🏼

bobbytambayong wrote:

1) Should I start by seeking for the school as I arrive?
2) As I will be staying in Aspley area, is Aspley State High School considered to be friendly for international students?
Bobby

In a state school the child goes to the school for the catchment area (based on where you live), unless they chose private schools.

The child can start school at any time once they are living in the area, no need to wait until term start dates etc.

Extract from Aspley State High School Curriculum

Students come from a variety of cultural backgrounds other than Australian and Indigenous
Australian. The student body has representations from 32 different nationalities.

Clearly well stated & explained, mate. Thank you so much. IAs I just find out out the new students can start anytime as he / she arrives, that really helps me on adjusting the timeline of my child's arrival.

Thank's for the advice. Appreciate it.