Places to stay in Kampot

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place to stay in Kampot after Christmas this year for a week or two? Somewhere near the river/beach would be great around the $30 or less price range?

Thanks a lot!

John and Julie

Villa Vedici is very nice, right on the river and they also have a swimming pool.

Thanks Rarky....will check it out

John

I stayed at the Two Moons - very nice, decent food, nice units. on the river, Check on Agoda for current rates.

Thanks a lot, Mad Max....I'll have a look!

John

Hi.

I'm moving to kampot next month. So, I can check this for you.
We keep in touch.
Add me on Facebook if you want

Thanks Iolanda ...it looks like a good hotel...let us know what you think

John and Julie

Rikitikitavi is very nice .On the river nice rooms and food

Riverside Hotel is on the river, very clean, can walk everywhere, Ray, an Australian runs it, $29 and up.

cheers,
Janine, Kep

Thanks for your suggestion, but it was already booked out....I've heard about the restaurant so we might go there anyway!

Cheers

John and Julie

Thanks Janine....I booked La Belle Villa....don't know if you know anything about that one.

Regards

John and Julie

Sorry, never heard of it.  Enjoy.  Janine

Check out Samon's Villa. The have stilted bungalows and I love the host. It's rustic but right on the river and walkable to town or a short tuk tuk ride. It's like $8/night. Food is good. Rent bikes in town and you can get around easily. Have fun. I love Kampot.

I always stay at "The Beach House" in Kep but it is $40 night. Kukuluku is cheap and on the beach but I heard roomers it may be closed. There are many places in the $20-30 range but are not walking distance to the beach. Try the "Tree Top Bungalows" for a very cool experience and remember not to walk at night alone.

@KhmerGoyo I there, It is still 1,5 years from now (retire) before I will be able to follow my dream and become a travelling nomad. I always had in my head that I could find a cheap little house in Kampot, but when I look on Airbnb, it seems hard to find anything in a rather cheap price range without having to share the facilities. Should I check out official rental websites or do you have any suggestions for me. Thank you very much for your answer and help. Warm regards, Olga

@oshudofsky

Hello. You might have missed that this thread is 8 years old and inactive.

As your expat plan starts in 1.5 years I advise you to relax, you got plenty of time.

My advise is to come to Cambodia, visit the place where you want to settle, get into a guesthouse and search local groups for accommodation. There are plenty of possibilities, fitting your budget.

Have a nice day.

Joe

@john cockburn  The nicest Place is Rikitakivi- but i think it is more expensive....

Rikitakivi is the nicest place, runs by asutralian.No pool, good breakfirst and food.  But I think it is more expensive at these dates...Barbara

@barbaraherter

Two recommendations for a very expensive hotel. Price per night at Rikitikavi is $60 and that is very expensive for Kampot.

On top the OP has a dream of finding a cheap small house and that is very well possible.

Joe

@KhmerGoyo I there, It is still 1,5 years from now (retire) before I will be able to follow my dream and become a travelling nomad. I always had in my head that I could find a cheap little house in Kampot, but when I look on Airbnb, it seems hard to find anything in a rather cheap price range without having to share the facilities. Should I check out official rental websites or do you have any suggestions for me. Thank you very much for your answer and help. Warm regards, Olga
-@oshudofsky

Hi Olga -

What Joe K. says above is true, there's plenty of accommodation including cheap little houses, but I don't think Airbnb is very commonly used in Cambodia. There are many ads on Facebook, both in the 'Kampot marketplace' and numerous 'Expats in Kampot' groups.

A friend of mine arrived from the US a few months ago. He booked a week in a downtown guesthouse online before leaving, rented a motorbike once he got here, went out looking across the river with google maps and found his place the first day, a bungalow with access to a swimming pool and a kitchen for $300 per month.

'