Retirement around Larnaca. Any advice on health insurance ?

Just joined as my wife and I are considering early retirement in Cyprus around the Larnaca area. I know the area well from my Army days.
We will be moving permanently (just us and two dogs) so are unsure wether to rent for a while or just buy out right once our house in the UK is sold.
If anybody has advice, especially in regard to health insurance, it will be well received.
Colin and Nadja

dont buy immediately as things change and you need to re-investigate re-discover the various areas..  its only once you've lived in a place permanently as a local that you realise what it is you really want and whether the area you originally chose is right for you now.

My suggestion would be to rent for at least a year, rents are so cheap here, youd be amazed at what you can get for your hard earned cash
as for healthcare THEREARE LOTS OF OPTIONS - IF YOU ARE IN RECEIPT OF STATE UK PENSION THEN U CAN TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS TO THE CYPRIOT HEALTHCARE SYSTEM VIA THE S1 FORM. GETT HE CORRECT DOCS  FROMTHE DWP IN UK

other options are private heathcare, expensive at about €1400 -€2500 per couple per yr for a mid range cover policy - but remember state ambulance services dont have trained paramedics on board  - and rarely are able to find your street  no real postcodes here to identify street.

there is also the low cost option of heathcare cover that satisfies the immigration dept and its available at €185 per yr each for anytime insurance.

Hello,

Regarding the health care i don't know much. The only thing i can advise you is not to use the local hospitals. The standards are very low. The private clinics and hospitals are very good especially in Nicosia and Limassol.

Regards,

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services freely on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct