Visa Type for Aupair from Philippines to Italy

Hello All
Good day!

I am newbie here. My name is Kah, I have applied as an au pair from one of the aupair website and luckily I am having now a talk with a host family in Italy. I would like to ask if what type of visa can I take? Can I take a study visa or subordinate visa?.and if possible if I can take a schengen visa, because they said that they usually travel around the schengen countries.
The host family is asking me to send a copy of my diploma and passport since they said that they will ask the embassy in italy if what type of visa can I aquire. Can I ask for a help regarding visa process and requirements?

Thank you so much and Hoping for any kind consideration that you may give to my inquiry.

The type of visa you need is an aupair visa. What website did you apply?

Hi thank you for the response.. I applied on a website called greataupair.com

Hi, for what I know, there's no such thing as 'aupair visa' here in italy. (or I may be wrong) usually, they will give you a schengen visa if you got approved. Then you will apply the working permit at the questura, here in italy. Once you got the permesso di soggiorno, you can have access to go around schengen areas without needing another visa. But, if I were you I would ask your host family about it. Because usually, if you're applying as a domestic helper, the host family will be the one to apply your visa. Then you will apply the schengen visa at the embassy of italy in makati and pass the papers your host will send you. (This is based on my friend's experience as of 2003) What's bad about the immigration in italy is that every five months their policy changes. So it's better to ask the italian consulate's office itself for information. You can check their site, just search it on google. But they usually reply after two weeks or more. Anyway, good luck.

Can i ask here. I have an host family from Italy and my host family is very interested to get me here as an Aupair to their family. And i am very much interested to work with them. This is my first time here in this site and i dont really know what kind of  visa i need to apply as na Aupair I am an Filipino living in Philippines.
Hope guys you can help me. What i need to do and whats requirements do i need to prepare.

Stay safe guys

Hello, I have the same case as you. How was it? Are you able to apply for a visa in Italy as an Aupair? I hope I can communicate with you. Diamond Cid Lood is my Facebook account. Thank you so much! :)

@acuuxiikah Hi! how was your au pair experience? How did you apply for the visa? Need help. Thank you

Pointless 1-word and off-topic posts will be removed.
Hi @aliviadoraizza,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that this discussion is quite old and hence you might not get the information you require.
I invite you to create a new discussion on the Italy forum where our members will provide you with more recent and precise information.

Cheers,

Yoginee,
Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]
Closed