Organic Fabrics in Bali

looking for Eco organic fabrics in Bali. 
If anyone have any information of where to find  ready made fabrics or a factory that creating fabrics , i will be happy to know...

Many thanks

Hi there,

I would love to know this family that create Eco fabrics.  can you please send me some details...  telephone number...

many thanks !!

Anaya

Hi adi, i will be interested to see your fabric... can you please send me your details and telephone number...

thank you ,

Anaya

Hi there,

can you please send me some info about your friend... telephone number ??  im looking for someone to create some organic fabrics for a big project...

thank you,

Anaya

Thanks
been looking for this as well. will definately give them a call

Do you have the details for this organic family business?

Kerriehogan wrote:

Do you have the details for this organic family business?

Who ?

Hi I would love to get the details of family's and people in bali that can do fabric printing. I can supply my own bamboo and organic cotton

Hi

Hi I am currently looking for organic fabrics in bali.  I recently saw your previous post and was hoping you could help.

Looking for cotton, and other fabrics.

Many thanks

Alisa

if you would like to find them..will be better if you going to Solo central java, this city is a center fabric handprinting. many families run this kind of business, i could recommended once of them if you need it

regards
adji

Hello peepz!

I Am looking for organic fabrics such as hemp / bamboo / organic cotton that are dyed naturally. Also looking for the natural dyers as the weavers, where I can create and dye my own created fabrics.

In an old post someone refers to pineapple fabric, sounds amazing. Any contact?
Still seems like a under developed area as it comes to working with Eco friendly fabrics.
Would love to hear what's possible on Bali or Indonesia.
I'm here now so ready for action.

Warm regards

Hello

were you able to get any help with your question organic fabrics for your kids clothes line? Its a while ago i reliase...but Im just starting out for a mature ladies clothes line and would appreciate any help/information you may have found?

Regards,

Shannon

Hi All,

I'm and artist and designer living in Perth searching for manufactures and if possible makers of fabrics in Bali or surrounding areas for my new fabric home-wares designs. I provide my own design. I'm looking for cotton / linen fabrics preferable organic or environmental friendly options as well as fair working conditions. 
The products I'm designing are cushions, aprons, tea towels and oven gloves. In the future I'll develop bed linen.   I'm searching for top quality in the making/sewing.starting with small quantities but in bulk.
I've been in  the past twice in Bali and I think there are options in Ubud (?)  At the moment I have a very good option for online order the printing of he fabrics digitally in US with excellent quality but of course, delivery time and prices are the inconvenient.  Is there any hub or resource centre for this info? I know people in the forum don't have all the answers and giving info just for free. I highly appreciate any advice or info as I don't want to travel there not knowing were to go or were to start. Big thanks.

if you would like to find them..will be better if you going to Jepara central java for handwooven fabric. they do both natural dying and chemical dying for it..I'll inform his contact if you need it

Hi @adji_suryanto, highly appreciated. You can send it bu email. Thanks

pls check your inbox

Hi my name is Olivia, I am the owner of Today's Creations Menswear. I am looking for organic cotton modal and bamboo. I am also looking for organically dyed fabric and a factory/ venue for producing fantastic clothing in Bali or surrounding areas.
If you have a contact for any/ preferably all of the above criteria please contact me

Hello everyone,

Olivia, did you finally found what you were looking for ? I am also looking for a company here in bali able to make tee shirt or underwear. Feel free to contact me if you have any contact ! I will be able nexr week to go visit some. I am looking for Organic material OR NOT..

Thanks,

Hello!
Just wondering how anyone went with the eco friendly / organic suppliers?
I too am looking for some and having trouble sourcing them..
I wil be of course visiting bali soon but have young children so am trying to do as much ground work on suppliers before I go…
Any help / contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Do you guys realise bamboo and banana are wild crops here, 100% organic because they just grow in the jungles by themselves, and are chopped as required for building or whatever?
That covers organic farming, because it isn't farmed, just very common and free, save any labour costs in harvesting it.

Now you know that, you can start to get an idea of profit margins, but, and there's always a big but, you must also know how many industries work here.

The factories commonly employ small piecework suppliers, usually working in their own homes.
Organic doesn't always mean fair trade.

One last note  - Be very careful about asking for hemp.
Yes, I know the difference, but a lot of potential trouble awaits anyone asking for it out here.

I don't know this one, but it might well give you an idea.
http://www.bambooku.com/pages/contact

Fred, my amigo, it seems to me that nothing these days will bring a smile to a Balinese more than the off bule wanting "eco friendly organic" anything here on Bali.  :D

There goes the usual total inability to realise most organic product in the west is a construct so large business can cash in, but organic is the norm outside western business here.

Posters should realise, no local markets advertise "organic" here because it all is.
Local farmers don't have the cash to do anything else.
As Roy said, it's a bit of a joke.

hello im interested in the family that sells organic cotton in bali? Please can you inbox me the details ?

"hello im interested in the family that sells organic cotton in bali? Please can you inbox me the details ?"

Fred!  Are you  :lol: like I am?

On a serious note, the only indigenous cotton grown here in Indonesia is the species known as Gossypium herbaceum.  This is a very coarse cotton and totally unsuitable for any garment with direct skin contact (think of a coarse wool sweater).  The famed ikat blankets of eastern Sumba are made from this species of cotton, they often being called “home spun.”   

The cotton species which is normally used here for clothing is Gossypium hirsutum…and that is all imported…and it has been that way for a few centuries.  The Dutch first brought it to Indonesia, they importing it from the southern states of the US.  This cotton is so fine, it can easily be mistaken for silk, and it has served as the fabric of the finest batiks made in Indonesia for centuries.

Growing cotton on Bali makes absolutely no sense as the cotton plantations needed to produce a reasonable and economically sustainable crop are way too large and there are endless other crops of vegetables, fruits, and spices which make far more economical sense to grow on Bali.

Any so called “organic cotton” available on Bali is imported cotton…no question, and the likelihood of it being “organic” is slim to none.

Hm okay I didn't know! I guess I'll go look in India or elsewhere. No need to be so smug about your cotton knowledge...  :(

"No need to be so smug about your cotton knowledge... "

I'll give up being smug if you promise to read a thread in its entirety before posting a question.   :D

Cheers!

okay thanks mr smartypants!

Always happy to help darling!   ;)

Cheers!

Hi Stephanie

This is an old thread but hopefully you are still on the site.
Wondering how you went with finding a good tailor in Bali?

I have a clothing line already and i am now looking to go green with the fabrics.
Any chance you are able to recommend a tailor who speak great english i might be able to wrok with?
Thank you

Warm blessings
Joanne

Hi There!

Im a fashion designer and Im coming to bali in a month to try find some contacts to start manufacturing over there.  Im wanting to do a natural, organic and eco Range in woven and knit.  Some of the knits would have to have some spandex in them too. Bamboo/ Spandex would be ideal. Ill also be looking for a screen printer and digital printer and also someone to do the production.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jess :)

All these jokes about fabric to be..... organic... ecoproducts... and whatever feel good but premium products.
Started to sink in for me...

Seems nowadays everyone from Australia wants to be fashion designers and design/produce/market/distribute them direct to consumers.

It is doable. But it is not as simple as you might think. There are also lots of trials and errors that you have to go through.

It's all part of the continuing EPL saga here in Bali brought on by the book and movie, Eat, Pray, Love.

A couple of enterprising Balians have introduced what can only be called "drive through" facilities for quickie 15 minute spiritual consultations.  And then of course there's Yoga, Yoga and more Yoga, and endless places to eat vegan.   ;)

Oh really I thought it was because 90% of the cotton worldwide  is genetically modified. Wearing and using  GM cotton means that you are exposing your body to  pesticides, herbicides, that contain chemical toxins. Statistically we absorb more than 60% of what our skin comes into contact with.

We are exposed to GMO's regularly  from foods to clothing and they have many serious ill effects on our health, such as infertility, birth defects, organ damage, neurological disorders, and various cancers. Not only does GMO's effect our health, but it also causes devastation to our environment.  The negative environmental impact and health dangers the corruption of big corporations seems to never stop. We all actually need to take a stand against these companies so that we can clean up our environment, be informed, and make healthy and responsible choices. I think its great that people are wanting to source Eco and organic fabrics and food, and if its just a fad like you say then I hope for our own healthy future and for our plants sake its not.

Roy and I share the same opinion of people asking about organic in Indonesia. The only places that aren't organic as far as food goes are the chain stores or other places that sell mass produced stuff.

Jess Ritchie wrote:

Oh really I thought it was because 90% of the cotton worldwide  is genetically modified. Wearing and using  GM cotton means that you are exposing your body to  pesticides, herbicides, that contain chemical toxins. Statistically we absorb more than 60% of what our skin comes into contact with.

We are exposed to GMO's regularly  from foods to clothing and they have many serious ill effects on our health, such as infertility, birth defects, organ damage, neurological disorders, and various cancers. Not only does GMO's effect our health, but it also causes devastation to our environment.  The negative environmental impact and health dangers the corruption of big corporations seems to never stop. We all actually need to take a stand against these companies so that we can clean up our environment, be informed, and make healthy and responsible choices. I think its great that people are wanting to source Eco and organic fabrics and food, and if its just a fad like you say then I hope for our own healthy future and for our plants sake its not.

I kinda agree with you Jess Ritchie. I have an allergy to wool since I was little and so most of my life I have worn cotton products including T-Shirts, Polo shirts, button shirts and cotton underwear. Also jeans and pants and cotton-rich socks too. I am worried about getting cancer and also neurological disorders especially as I am now of the older generation and therefore more susceptible.

What kind of cancers and neurological disorders can I expect to develop if I continue to wear cotton clothing, assuming that 90% of the world's cotton is genetically modified?

Also, is there any particular brand I could be switching to in order to avoid these illnesses? Are these brands readily available in Indonesia?

And here all those years as a kid growing up I thought that the expression “get the lead out of your pants” meant move quickly…get going.

It never dawned on me to take the expression literally.   :D

Statistically we absorb more than 60% of what our skin comes into contact with.

That's why my shirts wear out so quickly.
Apart from that being a load of old cut and paste rubbish, it's factually inaccurate anyway.

Hi Everyone,

I am in the middle of designing some products for a lifestyle brand. I was hoping to get some advice on the best ethical / organic manufacturers in Bali to use. The Ethical Philosophy is a huge part of the brand and I would really love to get a good recommendation for quality and reliability. I am interested in using natural rubber, organic cotton and wicker.

Thank you soo much in advance,

Britt

Pagi, and welcome to the forum.

You might want to take the time to read the entire discussion from start to finish as most, if not all, of what you ask has already been discussed. 

Good luck with your projects.