What requirements i should have before going to embassy?

hello goodday
im from philippines my boyfriend s from romania his sister will send me an invitation letter and cover my trip expenses so i can meet her and thier family..id just like to ask some advise what requirements i should jave before going to embassy and what questions to expect during the interview..i hope for your kind reply thank you

jra

Hi jra,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Romania forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

thanks priscilla
hope ill get some few tips here really appreciate it

sagitt89 wrote:

thanks priscilla
hope ill get some few tips here really appreciate it

Hi,

While I don't have any direct information about the Romanian embassy there, you might want to contact member cheskafrencis,  I recently helped her with this process regarding the invitation letter. I think she might be able explain what is needed from the Phillipines and tell how the experience may be at the embassy.  I'm not sure if she has actually gotten her invitation letter just yet, so she may still be waiting to apply on eVisa.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

I think you would need flight booking but not confirmed tickets, health and travel insurance, bank statement, medical statement stating you aren't sick to travel, and the invitation. Considering you would stay with your bf you would not need to provide hotel booking. also keep in mind to have a bank statement of a fair amount (I would say 50 Euros per day). But also do try and contact the embassy and I am sure they'll be very happy to respond to your questions! (happy is probably not a very accurate description of their emotion though).

fcbayern84 wrote:

I think you would need flight booking but not confirmed tickets, health and travel insurance, bank statement, medical statement stating you aren't sick to travel, and the invitation. Considering you would stay with your bf you would not need to provide hotel booking. also keep in mind to have a bank statement of a fair amount (I would say 50 Euros per day). But also do try and contact the embassy and I am sure they'll be very happy to respond to your questions! (happy is probably not a very accurate description of their emotion though).

Not sure that bank statements would be necessary, as the sponsor (person sending the invitation) bears the responsibility of living and departure costs for the visitor.  Of course, if you have plenty of money in the bank, they won't mind seeing that, but I wouldn't think it's necessary.  In the end, the embassy would know the answer of course.

Romaniac