1 week in Dhaka

Hi, I need to know what to do in Dhaka for a week? How far is Cox Bazar from Dhaka and can a girl travel alone? Where will I get cheap shoes and clothes?

Hi Lorraine,
You need to fly to Cox' Bazar. Never been there, but it's about 25-30 mins in a domestic flight. I believe it should be no prb to travel alone here in Bangladesh, the usual precautionary measures to apply of course, as anywhere.
Dhaka being a hassle to move around, I would suggest to have a look at the shops around the area you are staying. In what area are you? This would help guide you a bit.
Good luck.
Cheers
Bernard

you can stay--- Dhaka for 2days, cox bazar- 3 days.....Dhaka-cox bazar up-down  2days.
Yes, you can travel alone but for a better travel and for a good companion you can take me as your travel guide :cool:

There are some market in Dhaka for your shoes and cloths. "Gausiya" and "New market" is perfect for you.

Hi u may take me as ur friend. ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I could see its been a week you have posted the blog. Being an expat do not even think to travel outside. Try to get your own community to pass times or try expat clubs. Thanks