Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines

It doesn't matter what kind of visa you have. As long as it is valid, you can get married. With fiancee visa you have to get married during the 5 first months. Then you can apply for family unification, and stay until it has been processed.

Hi Text the Horse, :) I came here about a year and half on a fiance permit ... last year the waiting time for the fiance permit to get processed was 6 months... so yes my husband sent me all the necessary documents and i submitted my papers at the norwegian embassy back home... at the end of the six months if the fiance permit was granted i sent my passport to norwegian embassy and got my D Visa and then after i flew in within 7 days of the arrival had to report into the police staion applied for the first resident card which was valid for 6 months... and then we got married in about 2and half months and then 3 months before the permit expired we reapplied for a resident card and gor a year and now i have a two years resident card... the process can be a bit tiring and frustrating but trust me once it is over ... PHEW !!! And while we awere waiting the fiance permit to come thru my husband was visting me and staying with bach home so was ok... I dont think there are different case processing times for different nationalities... it is the same time period for any passport holder ... it was 6 months... but i guess it has increased now UDI makes it really tough ... most peolple might just not survive their long distance relationship if they have to wait 13 months away from ther partners .... GOODLUCK !

Hi. I just wanna ask a question! 😊

It says on the instruction that i should go to the police and report within 7 days after the arrival in norway, and as far as i know, i need to book an appointment online to be able to have a schedule reporting to the politi (and i guess that's the time also that we're gonna apply for residence permit?)

The thing is that when i tried to book an appointment, their available schedule is 3 weeks after we arrive in norway, what shall i do? Entry D Visa is only valid for 30 days, and i don't wanna be kicked out of norway if i can't comply their requirements (worst case scenario! Hehe)

Anybody here knows or can help? I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you! 😊

What you can do is have your husband call the politi even if you are not in Norway yet and ask if they can give you a schedule within your needed time. If in case they cannot you can call udi and ask if they can give conaideration.

I have tried it when i was applying for the permit and there was no available date within the validity of my visa and udi gave me an alternative .

I think they will not give you a hard time :)

Hello shelly2014,

I dont think theres a problem about that as long as you call them..In my experience when I arrived in norway after exactly 7 days i go and report to the police with my bf my (husband now)☺ they will get you finger prints and biometrics and ofcourse the will make your schedule for your medical her in norway, so i go there and have all this things, the politi who assist us told us that I will have to wait 10 to 15 days for my card and that card is your 6 months validity to stay in norway until you get married..so i was waiting for this card and waiting also for my medical schedule but it takes almost 1 month of waiting I havent recieved my card and didnt hear anything from the hospital. My bf call again the politi and ask about it why we havent recieved any call from the hospital or even we dont received card?..Politi ask what is my name and they try to check it on their system but they couldnt find my name..They say i was not on the system then my my husband get mad about it because we are waiting for nothing.. Imagine for almost 1 month of waiting if we didnt ccall them we dont even know about it so they just told my husband to come back and report again and my husband ask about what if they will kick me out from the country?because of this within 7 days you need to report...but they say it is ok, there is no problem ofcourse its not our fault...
Sorry for my english im not good enough Im just sharing my experience..hehe
So maybe for you is not a problem but you can go to other police station and report there..😀😀😀

hi Shelly.

im sorry to hear about that.. I guess, like what stephy and lynde had said, try call the politi and see if you can get an earlier appointment... if you cant get an appointment within 30 days after ur arrival in Norway since most of the days are fully-booked, i dont think this can be held against u... besides u already have an approved temporary residence permit (this is the decision letter from the embassy) and that means u can now legally reside in Norway (as soon as u get an appointment to the politi), so i dont think anyone will kick u out of norway if ur entry visa is expired :) what u dont have is the residence card yet, which normally is needed when you get in and out of Norway..

btw for my case, after i got approved and bought a plane ticket, i already booked an appointment at the politi for the day i think was convenient for us to show up at the politi... so we actually were there to report on our second day in Norway, hehe... the lady at the politi immigration was actually surprised.. so i guess for future applicants who will get approved, it will be optimal to book an appointment to the politi at the application portal after getting your permit approval and booking a flight, especially if you are moving to big cities like Oslo where first available police appointment are often 2-3 weeks later...

just to share, skatteetaten instructions for "Reporting a Move to Norway" (this is to get ur personal number) also says we need to do it 7 days after arrival to Norway, but since the residence card came later than 7 days, it didnt cause any problem when we registered 2 weeks after arrival to norway... maybe this rule only applies to people moving to Norway from EU/EEA countries...

we got our residence card 1 week after reporting to the politi... but what we still hasnt received yet is the medical instructions for the doctor... can anyone share:

- how long have you waited for the medical instructions after reporting to politi?
- how long have you waited for your personal number after registering at skatteetaten?

thanks in advance :)

Hi pheebz0501..

As i write my experience, yes about personal number you will get that from tax office after 2 weeks from you apply it..but maybe some other cases it takes time because it not the same every kommune or let say tax office..and about the medical,I received an appointment from the hospital 3 weeks from our 2nd time report at the politi..but as i said maybe its not the same, some other experience long time waiting some other is not..😊😊

Have been waitnig 7 months now, and the last time I called UDI, they said I was early in the prossess.

And of course it doesn't help the prossessing time that about 28.000 refugees has come this year, that is about 1000% more than usual.

Hello everyone! :-)

I applied for family immigration for those who are getting married last December 17, 2015. I handed my application in VFS Cebu and I have been to Norway once this year (tourist visa) and back home in the Philippines last month, November 17, 2015. So it's my 4 working days waiting now 😁 and I think it's too early to get email. I'm just being positive right now. ☺

hi angel.

welcome to this thread :)

based on shared experiences by others, you can get an answer as early as one week or up to 3 months..

please share your waiting progress here, it will be a big help to others who are also in the same situation as you.. :) i hope you wont mind letting us know if you received an email about ur case being forwarded to UDI or if you get an answer.. .

i know the agony of waiting can be stressful, just have patience and always be positive :) wish you all the best

Hello pheebz!

Yes I will keep you posted ☺ Hope I won't be forwarded to UDI. *fingers crossed*

What I'm doing now pheebz is making myself occupied with something cause I don't want to think about it now. Too early for worrying why I don't get email. I was thinking maybe after 2 weeks if I still don't get email maybe that's the time I'll ask my fiancé to give them a call. Cause I can't imagine waiting 13months 😕

Hi Angel,
I applied fiance visa last year 3 days before my bf arrived in Philippines. We wait for  2 weeks before we call the embassy about my apps and they say still processing..after exactly 3 weeks of waiting I got an email and text message from the embassy saying that my visa is approved..
Your apps will be ok just have to wait and think positive...goodluck to you😊😊

Godjul!!!🎄

Hi Lynde,

3 weeks? Wow that fast. I'll do the same after 2 weeks too. ☺ Takk Lynde 😊

God Jul også ☺🎄

Hi guys..

I just want to share, I got my visa granted just today, I havn't got it yet bcoz its holiday so maybe I get in on Monday, I been waiting 3months and 2 weeks...😊

Congrats

Congrats!!Hope i will get mine soon as well!

Takk😊

You will get it 😊

@tomrain Congrats! 😊 today it's exactly 2 weeks since I pass my application still no email. Hehe

Thank you😊 We just need to wait and will come😊

5 days ago I sent them an email (Norway embassy manila) asked about the status of my application and they said it's at the visa section for evaluation. It's been 3 weeks today. ☺

Godt Nytt år alle sammen!

Hi Everyone,

I got my visa approved today! I applied April 2015, so almost 9 months of waiting. No interview happened (We were expecting one cos my fiance is under 25 years old).

Good luck to all!

Congrats! ☺

Congrats😊

Congrats!♡♡😍

Gratz....

Hope it's me next month...

This site is really helpful. It's gonna be 7months of waiting for me this coming january 28. I hope I can get mine soon :(

Btw, I have a question I know that it is out of the topic here but... How do you call certficate of singleness in Norway?

hi chrimagne

to answer this, i have 2 questions.. is he a Norwegian citizen? are you getting married in Norway?

if yes to both, you dont need them in your application because yes, Skatteetaten has his records and can see his marital status..

if yes and no (he is Norwegian but getting married outside Norway), you can ask for it from Skatteetaten (link here) if he is living in norway..  or if he is currently residing outside Norway,  then he can ask for it from the Norwegian Embassy.

if he is not a Norwegian citizen, then he could ask for it from the National Registry of his country of citizenship..

hope this helps :)

hi pheebz!

Yes, he is a norwegian citizen and we are getting married in Norway. So it's okay Pheebz if ever that we missed that document on our application for fiance permit?

Thanks a lot Pheebz!

since he is Norwegian citizen, then the certificate of singleness is really not part of the requirements coz the embassy can verify  this information internally.. so your all good :)

Thanks a lot Pheebz!!! That's a relief!

Has anyone here who applied last June 2015 and application was forwarded to UDI got their results already?

hi chrimagne

pheebz0501 wrote:

since he is Norwegian citizen, then the certificate of singleness is really not part of the requirements coz the embassy can verify  this information internally.. so your all good :)

apologies, i have to correct my post above.. i just checked UDI page and it says this is INDEED part of the requirements for those who are getting married:

confirmation from a relevant authority of the marital status of the applicant and reference person (no older than six months)

source: UDI page

i guess i was thinking more about sending the papers to Skatteetaten, and automatically thought the embassy can verify this.. im sorry about that :( thats why it is imperical to check the UDI site everytime, to be updated on the requirements

when you submitted your documents, did VFS pointed out that you are missing that paper? did they make you submit your application with INCOMPLETE PAPERS?? just wondering if VFS allowed you to submit without this paper and still considered your application COMPLETE

in any case, your fiance can request this to skatteetaten thru this link: Certificates and Registers - Skatteetaten.no

then i believe he will receive it in the mail in his registered address.. then you can  upload the scan of this document to this UDI page (Forwarding Documents - UDI.no) to be attached to your application.. you need the account details used to log your application on the application portal..

hope this helps, and again apologies for the confusion :(

Thanks for the update Pheebz :). It's fine, no problem.
To be honest, the officer who received my documents isn't that knowledgeable on what she's doing. She doesn't know the case processing times, the requirements needed and most of the important information. And yes, they considered my application complete. And I haven't received any text from the embassy that there are lacking documents. Was thinking now that maybe that's the reason why my application was forwarded to UDI. But also my mistake on that because I wasn't looking enough.

As i know, UDI has access to tax administration where all information pertaining to marital status, residency, work, and etc. So that's also maybe why they are not asking it from me because they can view that in the system. Well, I don't know yet because my application is not yet in front of the queue  :(

Hi Pheebs, sorry for my out of topic here I want to ask some important matters in here
Pheebs after getting finger prints and photograps, it is important to go hospital to check the tuberculosis? because I think politi forget to tell me or maybe he did only i miss understood. Pls. help. Thanks.

as far as i know, we should get a paper in the mail,  that is the request for the test... this comes  several weeks after you get your residence card in the mail... I believe the paper will tell you which hospital/clinic to get tested.. and that paper is your proof to get tested for free... I never got mine so i am really not sure about this, and i already forgot about it..  :lol:  and this actually reminded me to call the kommune about it.. try call your kommune and ask about that ;)

Thank you Pheebs..it helps me this I will.

Regarding my experience with the tuberculosis test, I received the paper of request from the politi at the same time i was applying for the residence card.

Like what Pheebz did you can call the kommune or politi :)