Sharing my experience in Cambodia

I've been here for 5 weeks now in Phnom Penh.  The locals are generally lovely people.  The tuktuk and motorbike guys....not so much.

Unfortunately I recently had my bag knifed open, but thankfully the very pretty group of thieving women got nothing from me.  I was lucky.
Also, I've made no progress  getting EFL teaching work.  I heard it was easy for women to get EFL work here, but that doesn't seem to be my experience.  Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

So overall, I can't say I'm really liking Phnom Penh very much anymore.  Hey, its been  an experience.  good points...and some not so good ones.
Since I am desperate for work, I will have to look to another country.  So moving on I guess.
Best of luck to the rest of you, God bless.

The moto guys are easy to deal with. #1 never get on a motorbike. If you get hurt you're finished in Cambodia (3rd world). Lots of people get hurt and die coming off of motorbikes. Take my advice never get on a motorbike except in dire need. If you do choose to go on a motorbike wear a good helmet attached to your chin.
Being a woman always approach tuktuk taxi drivers in a public area, negotiate your price with them before getting aboard. If they don't know where you are going don't go. Talk to the next one and set the price.
It's best, if you stay in the same place, for weeks or months to establish a couple of nearby drivers, who speak really good English, as "your driver" and get their phone number. They will come and pick you up wherever you are and bring you wherever you want to go. They will wait for you wherever you are and accommodate your friends as well. And it will cost you no more money.
The knifed bag sounds a little frightening. You don't mention the circumstances where someone was near enough to pull that off. You were brilliant to be carrying nothing to worry about losing. Always avoid any close intimate contact with others except what you initiate yourself Crowded elevator bus whatever; take the next one. And make eye contact with everybody. Thieves and the like shy away if they feel they are discovered, looked at or being watched. They prey on the unsuspecting.
These are points you might want to consider whatever country (city) you choose to live in.
I am not in the teacher business but I've heard that Vietnam offers opportunity for teachers.
Cheer up!

Thanks Kevin.  its good to hear a helpful reply.  i appreciate you providing so much info for me , a total stranger.
about the knife thieving - i was at the Night Markets looking at an item for sale.  some women were standing uncomfortably close to me, but apparently looking at same items.  i then felt a tug on my bag (the knife).  i turned and growled words at the nicely dressed woman beside me.  she quickly disappeared.
it wasnt until later that eve that i discoverrd a gaping knife rip in my bag.  yes bit scary.  it also made me angry.
im considering vietnam for work.  thanks for your prompt.
im a bit weary of people saying its "easy to get to get a job here".
again - thank you for your supportive words.  its nice to be heard.

Probably do better looking on the net using Google. Then Skype with people you contact. Everybody's connected these days. Google "teacher work Vietnam".

thanks Kevin.  i'm doing the internet searches. thanks again for your help :)