Anyone planning to move to Bali ?

Is anyone planning to move to Bali this year?  I have a plan to do this but I find the idea daunting on my own.

rosefirth wrote:

Is anyone planning to move to Bali this year?  I have a plan to do this but I find the idea daunting on my own.

That's much of the adventure.
Just go for it.

However, check all that visa stuff first, and don't let any schemers talk you into a scheme for buying land.

Hy Fred and other

My name is kadek I m balinese and much happy welcoming you in bali and should you have a question about bali. I really happy to answer it by email : ++++

cheerrr

kadek

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + use the private message pls

The email thing is a bad idea.

The forum is a mutual help platform, and open answers can several people.
You have no clue who you're passing details on to if it's an email.

My name is kadek I m balinese

But the profile says

kadek sutrwan
I am not an expat yet
Currently living in Argentina, in Buenos Aires
Want to move to Indonesia

Poor English or a liar?

Kadek is a uniquely Balinese name Fred, a substitute birth order name (second born) for Made and without implicit gender.  I took his/her post to mean move back to Indonesia.   :idontagree:

Ubudian wrote:

Kadek is a uniquely Balinese name Fred, a substitute birth order name (second born) for Made and without implicit gender.  I took his/her post to mean move back to Indonesia.   :idontagree:

But the profile?
The level of English suggests the poster is able to understand what they're typing.
A name doesn't make a nationality, so a clarification would be in order.

Maybe they will clarify, maybe not, we'll see I guess. 

Cheers!

Ya it be dream to go there but I be worry bit of them

sampurna wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

No - Don't contact by email.

You have no idea who you're contacting, and if they're going to offer you a land investment 'scheme' - something you could easily lose a lot of money on. (Wayansam)

sampurna wrote:

just come and see,

No, really, don't go and see.

Land deals are illegal for foreigners. There's no room for debate on this one; foreigners can't buy land, and would be extremely unwise to enter into 'schemes'.

Australians on Bali?  Tons of them, and no small wonder some of them often refer to Bali as "Little Oz" which drives me nuts by the way.   :mad: 

The Dutch aren't as common here as one might think...all of Indonesia once being their colony (for about 350 years).  I do occasionally run into an “orang Belanda” who seems to think we still are their colony, and as such, can't resist telling the locals what to do, or how they should do it.  I never miss that sort of opportunity to throw out a couple of phrases in Balinese to get the locals laughing.  :D

Regarding “land deals” with foreigners, the movement here (at the Banjar level) is to restrict that sort of thing (long term leasing of land) to foreigners, and even to non Balinese Indonesians.  Or as the slogan adopted by this movement goes, “Bali, tidak di jual!”  Bali is not for sale!   :top:

rosefirth wrote:

Hello all :)

Could we please stick to the original post?

Regards
Kenjee

Going to Bali on December 27th anyone would like to meet up please message me, Thankyou.

Hi there I was thinking the same thing, a bit daunting doing it alone. When are u thinking of going?