How well one could live off a 2800 LIT monthly salary?

I hope it is not too late to bump in into this post!

I am maybe moving to Vilnius and currently I am just scanning the internet and doing som research of what I should expect.

One thing I would like to know is how well one could live off a 2800 LIT monthly salary? By reading the previous posts I know that you should expect to pay around 1100 to 1700 LIT monthly rent if you would like to live close to the city center. Let's say I pay 1500 LIT monthly for rent, will the remaining 1300 be sufficient to live off and possibly also save some of it?

I would greatly appreciate your replies and help!

Thanks in advance.

//Sharq

Hi,
I'm going to be in the same position as you ( same salary, and same question ). You can really save more money if you live 30 min from city center.
Let's speak in €uro, as Lituania switched for this money recently. Your salary will be more or less 825€. You shouldn't pay more than 350€ to rent something in city center, plus extra rental charges ( water, electricity, wood for heating ).
But if you prefer to save money, go for a flat 30 min from city center. In that case, you will pay between 100 and 300€ (plus extra charges of course).