whats is the food expenses?
pl help
Nitya
Mumbai

HI
Have a nice day.

Food expense is very less  . 
You can ignore it

Vegetables are very cheap.... and  natural.
All type of fruits are available and cheap.

Indian shops are here.
No need to worry.

You can just arrive.

Good luck

I would like to comment on the statement by kutha that "you can just arrive" should be clarified.  There are different types of visas that will determine how long you can stay.  If you "just arrive" as a tourist, your stay will be limited and the visa is not renewable; you'll have to leave the country and re-enter.  Look at the Malagasy embassy web site for the different types of visas.  You can probably get a renewable visa for little effort before you arrive.

Hi Mr LilBuster

Yah.. you are correct. 

But my opinion was only about the cost of food based on 10 000 RS budget.
10 000 Indian Rs is nearly 450000 Ar. 
This is the reason i said you can just arrive .

He did not talk about Visa here.

Anyway its better to make him consider the visa issue.

Regards

Hello everyone,

a new thread has been created from several of your post on the Madagascar forum as the other thread is meant only for the topic Making phone calls.

It will be better for you to exchange on this one.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

A budget of $200 per month should cover 1 person with occasionally eating out should cover you. We don't purchase much canned foods as it's expensive compared to the local produce (mostly organic) you can get at the local market. This budget works well if you are living in the highlands or Tana. if you reside in the coast produce will cost more for you but fresh fish will be cheaper than the highlands.
What's your life style? Do you cook? Eat a lot of meat etc?