Making phone calls in Italy

Hi,

When settling in Italy, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Italy?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

not infostrada, tim or vodafone are the best!

Hello mobile rechargeable are not so expensive . I would recommend Vodafone whom I have been with since I have been living in Rome . With 10 /15 Euro you can get many minutes SMS and Internet credit ...there are also plans to also call overseas ....
With regards to land line ...if you are starting fresh it takes a long time to set up ....

Hi there is very nice SIM  card to make local and international calls. This is rechargable one. Www.lycamobile.it
I have used this in Italy, UK and Germany.
I really like it.

Hello

My Husband and I just moved here in Italy from China 4 months ago,We suffered much for the Landline or internet connection.

The Internet connection took so long to connect, They said it was only 20 days but the truth was 55 days...

So it was disgusting My husband was so upset, coz our business was more online..

If you buy an Italian Phone Sim card you can used after 24 hours of activation and the price depends on which plan you are going to choose...

I was using the plan, which was 2gb internet and 200 mins. calls and 200 sms for 15 EURO a month both of us...

Our internet we paid 29 EURO a month so It was 60 Euro a month for our internet and phones....

You can have wifi dungle the sme price but not strong internet.....

Good Luck...

We waited 7 years to get a telecom Italia telephone line
In the end it was all down to looking after the local contractor ( not a Telecom italia Employment )

The same Person visited My House several times during the 7 years

In the end we got a local person to talk to contractor and we paid him some money

This could happen any where
We love living in Italy and we arte greatful to the Italian people for letting us live here

Good Luck

Hello

This Internet connection wasn't happen  anywhere You can try in part of Asia like China, Philippines If you pay that day  the longest day  for the connection would be 3 0r 5 days...

The Italian people always said This is Italy...

Good Luck

If your staying in italy for a period and its not permanent then stick with a uk network such as 3 who allow you to use calls in your package therefore its cheaper. I would not trust italian mobile phone operators not because they are thieves but generally because they employ incompetent people. You cannot argue with Italian mobile phone operators, pay or get cut off. Mind you that is the same for all utility providers.
So if your living and working in Italy for fixed period stick with your UK provider at least your dealing with generally someone with half a brain.

What a shame, my husband and I moved here 5 years ago and we have set up a company selling Satellite Internet solutions, it takes 7 days for the equipment to arrive so normally fitted within 8-10 days max.  I am not technical but I know we stream tv, we use VOIP for all of our business calls and could not live here without a really fast, reliable internet service.  If you are still having problems let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

Hello

I absolutely agree with you thats the best thing your going to do if you come and stay in Italy for your job or short term stay. but If it is a long term stay get ready to deal with the Italian people......

Good Luck

But there are some of us ex Pats doing a great job at servicing the english speaking community and we live here in Italy, nr Lucca.  So if you do know anyone who needs help we would be only too pleased to sort them out, with Fast reliable internet connections and UK TV in Italy cx

Do you can help me??

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your services of the forum. Kindly register in the Business Directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, Sensone. My wife and I will be retiring to Sicily circa July 2016. Since we are dependent upon good Internet for her work (online tutoring in Latin) and for Skype, Netflix, etc. we are definitely interested in getting someone quick and reliable to sort this. Does your company service Sicily? How much does equipment/setup cost? Thanks in advance.
Dennis Neal

Hi Dennis, yes we do cover the whole of Italy.  For all the information on the equipment you can visit europasat.com  you can also email [email protected] he knows everything there is to know about our systema.  Upon purchase the system can be with you within 5-7 working days, you can self install or I can get our agent to organize fitting.  Now is a good time to buy as there are some really good deals, so drop Richard an email and I will tell him to look out for it for you. 

We also have a wonderful little box that lets you watch UKTV all of the freeview channels too, more information on this on uktv4italia.com - check it out. 

if you have any problems let me know cx

I have registered in the directory and I am only answering a direct query.  Surely that is what a forum is all about, helping each other

Sounds brilliant, thank you so much. We will be in touch in summer.

great, so have you brought a house?  If you are ever nr Lucca, or Barga let me know and I will show you around our part of the world.  We have been living here now full time for nearly 5 years although we have had the house for over 15 years, I wish I had done it sooner!!!  You will so enjoy cx

Vodafone have given me nothing but issues here in SA  :unsure
Maybe they would be of better service in another country!

They are universal my friend is taking one back to South Africa Cape Town to see if it works.  We know that it will work cx

If you are retiring on the southeast side of the island  ITALY ADSL is the best service I have encountered. Superfast, unlimited, 8 people at our house at once all streaming,skyping,at The same time- no slowdown. No landline, online billing, installed same week we requested.