Receiving Mail in Phnom Penh

I read very negative reviews of the Postal Office in PP.
Has anyone found alternatives to the public mail?
Mail from the U.S.?
Do Fedex and DHL rent mailboxes?

Thanks,
David

I spoke with the DHL office near the Train Station. They said you can have a package sent to them and they would hold it for you. I found an alternative so didn't use this method but it may be an option.

Hi Brian, thanks for your reply.
What alternative did you choose?
What about regular mail at DHL Do they hold this as well?

David

Hi David,
The alternative is that someone who is coming here from the US is bring my mail. I don't know if DHL will hold mail; I assume it has to be a DHL package. I had to send a package to the US and sent it via FedEx, so that may be another option. It was expensive but if your mail is sensitive it may be worth it.

DHL seems to be the ticket. Have it sent to "you"/care of DHL with your phone number. They will hold it at the office nearest you and call you when it comes in. I also have a post office box. It is cheap and some what effective here in Siem Reap. Regular mail will take a long time, over a month if you are lucky. The whole mail thing is extremely sketchy in Cambodia. Houses have no address, there are no postal carriers and a large number of streets have no name or names that are never used. UPS is literally a joke! One bank/card company insisted over the phone that their company ONLY uses UPS. I begged them not to send it that way because the only UPS office is in PP. The bank told me that PP UPS would deliver it to Siem Reap. I was dubious, but agreed. BIG MISTAKE. UPS mislabeled the document in PP of another man's package and forwarded it to me in Siem Reap! Two days later they sent my document by bus with no UPS agent. Then gave it to a moto driver who called me when he got in at 4pm and said he could not find the address and told me to wait another day... I complained to UPS in PP and, bless their hearts, they tried to make good by calling the moto driver and telling him that he had to deliver it THAT DAY to me, but they told me that I would only get my document if I gave this scruffy moto guy the mislabeled document that I received two days before. Fair enough. I got it. But will never use UPS again as long as I live! The process of 15 phone calls, unreliable tracking and bogus delivery cause too much angst.