After probation period - Saudi Labor Law

Aslm, Hi there,

I'm citizen of Europe and holding EU passport. I have a question regarding "" efter Probation Period "". I finished my probation period of 3 months.

I'm working IT company at Riyadh and completed my 8 months now. And i have my employement contact is one year.

My company will NOT renewed for further term ? basically company means they going to fire me.

In this case, what Saudi Labor Law regarding this issue.

Can anybody help me, let me know if you have any query.

Only English - no Arabic.
Thank you

We don't let anyone type non-Anlgo languages on this forum so don't you worry :D

So, I presume you are saying:

- You came on their visa.
- You signed a contract for 01 year; out of which first 3 months were of probation period.
- You feel that they won't renew the contract it for the next year.

If the probation period passed away with no escalation from either side, you officially enter into the signed contract terms and conditions.

They have to let you know one month (or more) ahead of expiry about their intentions to lay you off or a possible renewal of contract.

Now it's their choice if they ask you to find a new job on your own (it will be their good will). Or they may ask you to leave the country (if you came on thir visa).

As per Saudi Labor Law, you won't get any end of service benefits if your service period has been less than 02 years. They must however, provide you the return ticket and vacation pay if (and only if) your contract says so. Check out the termination clauses in the contract you signed.

First, i want to thanks for your repaly me back.

- Yes, i came on company visa
- I have 01 year contact with 3 months probation period.
- I got information from my source that, they not re-new my contact again.

Is there any blue-White collar jobs IT job is rule ?
From company to company have different rule's ?

In agreement i have me and family return air ticket in one year period of time.

Termination couse may be cheep IT labour.

Let me know, i want to ask the company for compensation.

How to ask for Compensation ? please.
I have reason, i moved from one place to another becouse work.

You are realy living The:)Legend:)Leads

Put your energy into finding another good job and not into seeking compensation, as quite frankly, you won't get it.

Good luck

stockholmpost wrote:

All of us expats moved to KSA for work, so you're not special in that respect. 

Also, your employer will repatriate you (pay your way back home)so you're back where you started and have no right to any additional compensation.  Sorry.

Hello expat gurus,

I am from Pakistan and currently on the ksa company visa and on probation period. I had agreed terms with the company that if i achieve my sales target, i will stay here otherwise they will not give me salary or they will force me to go back. Its been two months now and it seems like i will not be able to achieve my sales targets.

My iqama is not ready yet. In this situation what do u suggest? I have few questions

Can employee terminate the contract after the probation period? however it is clearly mentioned in the contact that anyone can terminate the contact on one month notice period but it is not clear if it is after a probation or before a probation. If i end the contract just after probation what kind of circumstance will i have to bear?   

Incase of contract termination from employer (because of not achieving of sales targets) after probation period what kind of exit i will get? do i need a noc for coming back on job visa again? or i can come anytime on any other job visa

Incase noc is required for coming back to KSA. Can i go to other countries (like uae, bahrain, qatar) without noc on job visa?

Incase of final exit, noc is still required?

How much time period is required to apply again for job and come back again if anyone dont have noc or final exit?

Thanks in advance for the help

I'm working here in jeddah for almost 1 year now..and yet they dont issue me any saudi labor contract..the worst is..they didn't follow some term we agreed upon during the recruitment process..such us giving me a yearly vacation..which my evidence is there sent email to me..consisting there offer we both agreed.

I hope you help me regarding this matter.

Thanks.

Alliecat wrote:
stockholmpost wrote:

All of us expats moved to KSA for work, so you're not special in that respect. 

Also, your employer will repatriate you (pay your way back home)so you're back where you started and have no right to any additional compensation.  Sorry.

only if it is in the contract. 

some contracts do NOT provide this

Dear Acrevan,
            The offer letter between you and the company is a binding legal document in case it was signed by an authorized HR person and yourself with the company's official stamp.

On another note, you must have them make an official legal employment contract for you that is signed and sealed officially as well with all of the essential compensation and benefits terms you are entitled to such as annual vacation, salary, allowances, etc.

Now if they have not provided you with some of the terms agreed upon, then I suggest you discuss this issue with the authorized person to provide them to you in your company. If you push a little weight on this issue, they will most probably give it to you.

If they refuse to provide you with an element that was agreed and signed upon, then you should take this to the saudi labor office by all means. Do not stay silent upon claiming your rights!

Hi there, what is red,yellow and green category employers ? Kindly advise or where I can check categorical definitions.

Hi
I have recently given transfer to a saudi company. can you please tell me that if i transfer to a company having my own iqama, can the new company i transferred send me on exit if they dont want my services.

Hassan86 wrote:

Hi
I have recently given transfer to a saudi company. can you please tell me that if i transfer to a company having my own iqama, can the new company i transferred send me on exit if they dont want my services.

Usually 'No' but practically 'Yes'.

Morally and ethically, a locally hired (transferred) employee must not be sent on a final exit. In fact back in 2009, an instruction was issued by the Ministry of Labor in this regard but trust me the documentation doesn't exist so you can't refer to it.

Another thing, sending a transferred employee back home doesn't affect the employer's visa quota etc, so usually they don't have concerns and they agree on sponsorship change. But if the employee was on *their* visa, they do want him to go back home and get their visa back.

Nevertheless, if a tranferred employee proves as a business threat or pisses them off massively :), they CAN do that.

I came to Saudi a year ago to work for a branch of a Canadian Company. My contract was "renewable yearly"
4 months before the first anniversary of my contract, I advised my employer that I shall not frenew my contract at anniversary date.
I return all Company assets to my employer (company car, laptop, iqamq.... and got e receipt)
I left Saudi on the last day of my contract (23)09)2013) and till today 10/10/2013) I have not received my settlement of account.
I have been sending emails and I am told that it shall be issued soon!!!
What can I do? I live in Europe.
Thanks

seesamad wrote:

Hi there, what is red,yellow and green category employers ? Kindly advise or where I can check categorical definitions.

Hi seesamad,

You can check your company color on this website
http://www.mol.gov.sa/Services/Inquiry/ … quiry.aspx

There's lots of spelling mistake for someone frm Europe and holding Europe passport!! nehh....hahaha chill just kidding:D

Khaima wrote:

I came to Saudi a year ago to work for a branch of a Canadian Company. My contract was "renewable yearly"
4 months before the first anniversary of my contract, I advised my employer that I shall not frenew my contract at anniversary date.
I return all Company assets to my employer (company car, laptop, iqamq.... and got e receipt)
I left Saudi on the last day of my contract (23)09)2013) and till today 10/10/2013) I have not received my settlement of account.
I have been sending emails and I am told that it shall be issued soon!!!
What can I do? I live in Europe.
Thanks

First off, you should not have left without getting final clearance from your employer, ,meaning you will sign on all things returned and will get in return a calculation of your final settlement and you have to agree for it. Once this step is done then they will transfer the money to you. If you haven't done the final clearance and signed for the settlement, ask your employer to send you the settlement details.

If you have exited KSA , then there is little chance of claiming this, unless your employer is honest.

hi there, I want to cancel hroob but maktab amal says it canot be undo after 25/5/1434 , anyone can help me please?

genious1 wrote:

hi there, I want to cancel hroob but maktab amal says it canot be undo after 25/5/1434 , anyone can help me please?

Are you sure about the date since this corresponds to 6 April 2013 the beginning time of amnesty period and Huroob employees could actually undo it only during this time till 3 Nov 2013.

Dear Sir ,

iF COMPANY CONFIRM as employee after probabtion period of 3 months and after one month that is in 4th Month i say i want to go back ...will i be able to go back to my home country .plz reply ASAP ..I M IN BIG TROUBLE

amit123456 wrote:

Dear Sir ,

iF COMPANY CONFIRM as employee after probabtion period of 3 months and after one month that is in 4th Month i say i want to go back ...will i be able to go back to my home country .plz reply ASAP ..I M IN BIG TROUBLE

If company already confirmed you after probation and you want to leave in the 4th month, its possible, you resign give one month notice to your employer, he might deduct associated costs in getting you / transferring and then you leave on exit.

What is best contract in saudi - Fixed term or infinite term ..for employee point of view .(To exit easily- any time after notice)

What is least term of fixed or infinite contract - 1 yr or 2 yr

Can we ask company to arrange 1 yr fixed term contract ? or fixed term contract is by default for 2 years ?

amit123456 wrote:

What is best contract in saudi - Fixed term or infinite term ..for employee point of view .(To exit easily- any time after notice)

What is least term of fixed or infinite contract - 1 yr or 2 yr

Can we ask company to arrange 1 yr fixed term contract ? or fixed term contract is by default for 2 years ?

There is no infinite term contract, even though some companies fools employees by saying so. There are only fixed and the min duration is 1 yr , automatically renewed for the same duration if both parties has not specifically terminated it. You may ask your company and it depends on the company policy if to issue 2 yrs or 1 yr.

Helo sir
I am Prasad I am coming from India as Labour visa of sponsor. 2 year work contract working in FMGC company as worker last 10 months. Now I want go home as exit.when I talked to company I want go exit they will telling you can pay 15000 Saudi riyal.Can I go sponsor  for ask exit formalities. Can you guide me how to  go exit less amount we can pay.

Jayas wrote:

Helo sir
I am Prasad I am coming from India as Labour visa of sponsor. 2 year work contract working in FMGC company as worker last 10 months. Now I want go home as exit.when I talked to company I want go exit they will telling you can pay 15000 Saudi riyal.Can I go sponsor  for ask exit formalities. Can you guide me how to  go exit less amount we can pay.

If the sponsor has taken your expenses in terms of visa, ticket, accommodation etc then it'll be tough for you to go on an exit as he may even register a huroob case on you whereby you'll be banned to enter the kingdom for the next few years...

You can talk to the sponsor..If he's that a kind hearted guy, he may issue an exit visa...But I don't think it'll happen...sorry...

Also have you got your iqama?are they paying you on time?All these make the case more difficult for an exit...

Helo  I have iqama it Wil expired on December 2015. Wen I am absented to the duty for month company can terminating wit us that movementwe can pay money for the sponsor exit