Family immigration Noway

Hey guys,

I am a Norwegian citizen and have been living
with my partner (Australian) in London since May 2013,
I have a queries regarding applying for family immigration, specifically
the "residence cards for family members of EU/EEA citizens", and as such,
are planning to get married within the next month or two.

Is it possible for us to start the visa application before getting married?
Is it possible for her to go back to Australia for some months before
we meet in Norway?
If so, can she apply from the UK before going back to Australia, or
does she have to apply from Australia?
Can I during that time stay in another EU country (e.g. Germany)?
Or does it make more sense to apply for the fiance permit (although
we will have to work out overstaying here / from Australi)?

She has previously taken an exchange year in Norway, and
has a "personnummer." Also, since she is Australian, she can
enter and stay Norway for up to 90 days.

The information on the UDI (utlendingsdirektoratet) is very confusing.

I really appreciate any help that can be given!

Sincerely
Luigi

You cannot apply for a spouse family reunification visa before you are married.
However, because you have been living together for some time you may be illegible for the cohabitants visa.
You can find more info here:
http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fami … #link-1181

Your partner is also eligible to apply for a residence card. More information here:
http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fami … #link-1158

I hope this helps.

i applied family reunification  through my 2 norwegian kids . last october  at that time it said  process takes up to 9 months . am in the 7 months now but current update says family reunification process takes up to  18 months . what to know if mine  is  still 9 months or 18months ? comment will help.

thanks
nana

Hey nana, the processing times advertised on UDI are not so much based on individual cases. Generally, now that the processing time is 18 months for family reunification you should be prepared to wait that long :-(  You should be getting an email every month keeping you updated. Ask the father of your children, or your children if they are old enough to try and contact UDI and see if they can find out more.
Also, family immigration cases that involve children may take longer because they may require a DNA test.

well thanks. first 4 monthly updates said 9 months to wait then the later updates said it may take 18 months .woow ! that is a long time to wait  thou. we keep our figures crossed .  will confirm from udi after 9 months
want to know if anyone here is in same situation.

regards

nana

nana robb wrote:

well thanks. first 4 monthly updates said 9 months to wait then the later updates said it may take 18 months .woow ! that is a long time to wait  thou. we keep our figures crossed .  will confirm from udi after 9 months
want to know if anyone here is in same situation.

regards

nana

If it says 18 months now then it's 18 months. I'm sorry :-(
Good luck though.

Hello everybody

I just want to ask , about I applied a family reunification and applied here in Philippines , but it's already two months and I did not get any answer but suddenly , my husband got a letter from UDI that it says you have granted a temporary residence permit stay , but I was thinking, that it's approve but I don't got any mail from embassy and sms yet , and instead of sending me that letter they send it into Norway on my husband. . Is there's anyone can help me .

Thank you
Cristine

Hi Christine,

I applied fiancee visa and my boyfriend got the same decision letter from UDI too. The embassy sent sms and email though that I have been granted residence permit to me, maybe you have written a wrong phone number or email add? It is best to call the embassy. Goodluck.

Hello

But I give my exact number to them and email , my husband just kind of confuse a little bit why he is the one who got that letter instead of me , but I think positive now that they don't denied me then , but I don't have any red ribbon yet into the embassy and I did not pass a nso mc yet , that is just marriage contract original copy of municipal that we married already , do u think because of this cases I have , they won't give my passport till I don't give them my nso red ribbon marriage contract.

Thanks
Cristine

exactly  1 year 1 week i have the feedback. residence permit granted .my kids already have norway passport  so didn't need a DNA test.  thanks

residence permit granted . 1 year 1  week  of waiting . i  applied 0ctober 2014 and  received answer 0ctober 2015.

didn't do any DNA tests . kids under 18 yrs :D