Travelling around Europe with a Nederlands Tourist Visa

I did a little search and didn't find this topic so if I am asking a duplicate question please accept my humble apologies;

If I were to acquire a Nederlands Tourist Visa would I be able to hop on a train and visit England? Is there an all-in-one visa I require? --or do I require a tourist visa for each destination?

I've never been to Europe, I hope this question is not a stupid question!

Best regards.

I don't think you do, but it does mention some documentary requirements; check this link, it's the UK Government website on the subject.

dutchcanadian wrote:

I did a little search and didn't find this topic so if I am asking a duplicate question please accept my humble apologies;

If I were to acquire a Nederlands Tourist Visa would I be able to hop on a train and visit England? Is there an all-in-one visa I require? --or do I require a tourist visa for each destination?

I've never been to Europe, I hope this question is not a stupid question!

Best regards.

There is a Schengen area visa, which Netherlands (as well as most of Europe) is a party to, however England is not part of the Schengen zone.  If you're Canadian though, you don't require a tourist visa for either country.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder if I could do what I do in Thailand; leave, come back, start over. I've been in Thailand over 2 years by visiting a neighboring country and then coming back.

If I could do that with the Netherlands, it would save me a lot of trouble.

Great tip, thanks so much!

And yes! I am Canadian!

Thanks so much for that!

Edit: I found more information to answer my own question. If I go to Netherlands for 90 days and then leave for 90 days (UK, for example) I could *theoretically* go back to Netherlands and start again.

https://embassy-finder.com/travel-with_canada_passport

I wonder if anyone has tried this. I don't want to abuse the help here, so we can consider this question solved for now. I'd hate to be a nuisance. Thanks all!

Hi Its 90 days out 180 days. Which means you will have to stay out of the Netherlands for 90 days before you can return.

Hi, If I have a 1 year Schengen visa (with max 90 days each stay) and I'm planning to stay in NL for about 2 months+ in my partner's house without booking any hotel, also I may get a one way ticket and buy another return ticket some other time (may plan to travel around EU as well)

Will the immigration still ask for proof of flight details and accommodation proof? How best to answer them when asked?

Thanks!

tinkerbelz wrote:

Will the immigration still ask for proof of flight details and accommodation proof? How best to answer them when asked?

Thanks!

I don't think they will ask, but if they do, answer honestly.

Romaniac

Well, the last time around I was there, they did ask how long I'm going to be there for and if I'm seeing someone...

I think the whole immigration is much tighter now due to recent events.

I just want to know if some of you has been inside the EU (backpacking etc) for longer than 2/3 months, and how did you do so :)