Comparison of International Schools

Hi
Very soon we'll be relocating to Accra from Lagos.
Which is the best & most prestigious school in Ghana ?
We were looking at American International but some say its GIS .... We also want a reasonably good mix of nationalities at far as faculty & strength of students are concerned....
Fee is not a concern as company would be bearing it..
Pls advise...

Depends very much on the curriculum you require and the age of the children. For American curriculum Lincoln is probably prefered. AIS is good but it has a Christian ethos. GIS is British based. All schools have a good mix of ethnicity. Often where you decide to live determines your choice as AIS is in East Legon.

Thank you so much for the valuable information...
I have two sons aged 9 & 5 . And we would probably stay some place close to the Airport....
Do the International schools allow late admissions..?

It will very much depend upon their enrollment. If they have places available you should be able to get in.

One tip.  If you are going to be in the Airport Residential Area and the kids are elementary school age you want to go with Galaxy International School.  Owned by a Turkish gentleman.  They have a high school branch in East Legon.  My son did a couple of summer programs there.

Just got back from Accra on a visit. They do allow late admission at least at kindergarten which is what we were looking at. We visited Lincoln and Ghana international.  It is very hard to get into as they are pretty much full. We found Lincoln much better. Offers more after school but then again depends what you want. I have been told from others that Lincoln's teacher are generally all kind of nationalities and there is a good mix but 80% are American. The Ghana school had a good feel but it just does not seem to be nearly as good. I don't think that any other international schools come anywhere near those two.

I would not make the mistake by admitting my children to a school where the school-fees are sky-high because the company is paying for it.
No job is permanent. I am talking from experience.
The school-fees must be affordable when you lose your job and maybe find the next job in 3 months. Also not all companies are willing to pay school-fees which are higher than the average fees. :top: