Work in AD and live in Dubai- possible?

Hello

I was told that people working in Abu Dhabi need to have a living address in Abu Dhabi and having a residency in AD, is that correct? Otherwise can people live in Dubai and work in Abu Dhabi? is it practically feasible? how much time commuting needs to be estimated daily for that?
Thanks

If you are planning to live with your family in Abu Dhabi, you need a tenancy contract and that should be within Abu Dhabi. Besides, you have one and half hours of travel from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and obviously that will be a tedious job.

But lets say if for a worst case scenario, i have a job in Abu Dhabi and need to live in Dubai, is that possible? Even for jobs that are with the Abu Dhabi government?

Thanks

ma23 wrote:

But lets say if for a worst case scenario, i have a job in Abu Dhabi and need to live in Dubai, is that possible? Even for jobs that are with the Abu Dhabi government?

Thanks

As per rules, its not possible. Especially if you are in to government job. But there are many people, staying in Dubai and working in Abu Dhabi.

very tiring, imagine that will be your daily routine... or maybe i'm becoming too lazy now...

How much commuting time is needed?

1 and half hour one wat, so three hours of you day wasted in driving, 15 hours a week, 300 hours a month... and fuel price, and monthly service fee.. you know..

many people have tried but they quit at the end.. its not worth it,, my advise you work in abudhabi, live in abu dhabi..

good luck

You need an abu dhabi tenency contract if:

1- you work in a 100% government owned entity
2- you need to sponsor your family and get them a visa to stay with you.

Other than that, you can live in Dubai and commute.

Is there any government website or portal that indicates the rules for the living locations depending on the work position and employer?

ma23 wrote:

Is there any government website or portal that indicates the rules for the living locations depending on the work position and employer?

Since you are not ready to accept the advice from all of us, I think it's clearly a waste of time. All I can say is a
Best of luck for you

shanafashyaana wrote:
ma23 wrote:

Since you are not ready to accept the advice from all of us, I think it's clearly a waste of time. All I can say is a
Best of luck for you

The OP is asking for an official source of information that people are basing their "advice" on.  Should he take whatever information is told to him here as fact, and not only opinion?  I hardly find gathering official factual information to make a decision a waste of time.  You, mentioned it wasn't possible according to the "rules".  What rules? Where is the source? If you don't want to help further, so be it.

Romaniac

romaniac wrote:

The OP is asking for an official source of information that people are basing their "advice" on.  Should he take whatever information is told to him here as fact, and not only opinion?  I hardly find gathering official factual information to make a decision a waste of time.  You, mentioned it wasn't possible according to the "rules".  What rules? Where is the source? If you don't want to help further, so be it.

Romaniac

Sorry if my quote looks like offensive. There are sources and they are called experience. Few of my friends applied for family visa and it got rejected only because of not submitting tenancy contract from Abu Dhabi.  As per the oral information which I got from my PRO's is, this rule is applicable only in Abu Dhabi and not in other emirates. It is legally not possible and I don't know about illegal methods. But still, there are people who live in Dubai and working in Abu Dhabi.

Exactly that is why i need to know these rules and if they are written somewhere officially...in order to know what are my options and then decide what to do...

ma23 wrote:

Thanks

Yes that is possible. But you will lose your housing allowance.

Why I will lose the housing allowance?

I think it is law for government employees that they can only claim housing allowance if they work in Abu Dhabi by showing residency in the Emirate. There is a village on the Abu Dhabi/Dubai border created specifically to address this problem. It is called Al Ghadeer and everyone living here either commutes to Abu Dhabi or Dubai. It is in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi but is actually closer to Dubai. Prices are very reasonable compared to Abu Dhabi prices as there is a commute either way. Abu Dhabi, Khalifa City takes about half an hour as does Dubai South.   

aldar.com/en/project/projects/alghadeer