Planning for the future

I'm a registered nurse with experience in Psychiatric Nursing as well as Medical/Surgical.  My family and I are looking to relocate in the next few years and my wife and I both rate Scotland very high on our list of places we would like to live.

I'm in the beginning stages but am looking for any nurses that have followed a similar trajectory in the past.  By the time we are ready to move my wife and I will both have Master's degrees (Library Science and Nursing, respectively).

If you are or know an American born nurse who was able to emigrate please let me know.

Hi there,

My wife is a non-UK trained nurse working in the UK, her qualifications were accepted without any problems at all.  You will need to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council before you will be able to work in the UK.

The British National Health Service have a website on the subject; if you follow this link, it will take you to the relevant part.

They are currently very short of nurses all over the UK, so I suspect you may well be lucky.

Good luck with your quest. :)