South African Expats In Ireland?

Hi there,

I would like to get some help on moving to Ireland from South Africa.  What process did you go through to make the move and how difficult was it?

Especially how did you find work there?  Me and my fiancee have had Skype interviews, but haven't found a position yet.

Hi JG1976,

Welcome on board :)

I will invite you to please read those articles here :

- Find a job in Ireland
- The labor market in Ireland
- Traveling to Ireland

You may get some feedback on Working in Ireland if you browse through those discussions as well :)

Also you can try your luck and drop your resume in the work sector that you feel more comfortable doing in our Jobs in Ireland section please :)

Best of luck to you and fingers crossed you get some positive answers soon !

Thank you

Maximilien

Been here for 15 years. You will need a work permit to work here if you are not an EU passport holder. Only registered companies can apply for one and with that permit you can only work at that specific company. So it boils down to no job no work permit and no work permit no job!

if you want to chat about Ireland. As a fellow South African and after being here for so long I will strongly recommend you choose another country to move too. What line of work do you do.......I can send you some websites of recruitment agencies.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

Thanks for this advice, please send us these recruitments agencies websites , beside ireland what country else welcome south africans ?