How to make friends in Lebanon

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Lebanon :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Lebanon??

Thanks in advance for your participation

:)Hi there

So what's the secret?  I'm new here in Le Liban and would like to meet some fun expats ...
C ya Anna64

Welcome on board Anna64,

Maybe the expat network Lebanon could help?

All the best,

Julien

Hello all,

I just found this website, and I'm about to move to Lebanon on July 21.  I was born and raised in the US but my parents are Lebanese.  Now, although I have been to Lebanon almost every year since I've been a young child, I am amazed that I do not have any international friends in Lebanon!  All of my friends are Lebanese, but I would love to meet international people.

Would anyone be interested in holding a social event to meet each other?

go out, talk to people, wear your heart on your sleeve, resolve yourself not to be offended easily, don't worry if you find yourself changing (and not always for the better in your own opinion), trust that people will offer to you the information of their choosing and it will not always be the god's honest truth, sit in the sun in the summer, ski in the winter, and find a proper bar with proper people in it that you can retreat to on the weekdays to smoke and drink.

that's the fastest way to meet people in beirut.

hello,

I would like to ask you on a broader scope, what is the best way to make friends when you move to a new country?
I suggest:
- internet ( facebook, it is very common in lebanon)
- bars ( jemayze is the best place to be)
- gym ( there are a lot of good ones)
- ski resorts ( faraya)
- beaches ( there are a lot of good resorts in the south and the north)

In Lebanon, however u need to keep in mind that the people are really warm and good hearted once you get to be one of them ( which is the challenge like anywhere else on this globe)
The easiest way i can think about is to have a lebanese bf if u r a girl or a lebanese gf (which is not that easy because of the culture unless u found a girl that is open or that she lived abroad)

Hope my tips help and let me know about any info u need about lebanon, where i can help as i was born and raised in this contrast and wonderful country.

cheers,
antoine

Hi,

I will be moving to Lebanon tomorrow and it would be nice to meet people who lived abroad. In my opinion, the best way to meet people is not to care what others think of you and keep trying until you find your match(es). Good luck! I need it too :)

Julien wrote:

Welcome on board Anna64,

Maybe the expat network Lebanon could help?

All the best,

Julien

Hi,am kristina,
coming from montreal canada,
looking forward to meet new people in beirut,
cheers.
kristina

Come Here n Just Smile.

There is really Gd People here. COME AS U ARE :)

It's the best place to b on vacations.

From Resorts to Night Life.

hi! i am sam
i come from Paris,and arrived in beirut one month ago...could be nice to meet other expat to share experiences..and having fun...:)
i wish an happy new year to every one!
by by

Hello Everyone!

I just joined Expat and I have been in Beirut almost two weeks.  I am here fro the next four months, possibly longer.  I am living north of Jounieh.  No transportation yet, but hopefully soon.

I'm looking to get connected with people here in Beirut and make some new friends.  My experience has been great so far, but it is not much fun out there on your own.  I'm starting to go a little nutty here at the house by myself!!  If you are looking for a friend to enjoy some activities with, shoot me an email.  I am friendly, laid back and wayyy easy going.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  Peace people!

Phil

Anyone thought about organising a (regular) expat meet-up in Beirut? Perhaps this exists already, otherwise we could give it a go with something silly like bowling and dinner and see who's interested?

hi lauravw,
i'll be more than happy to join you! good idea!:D
sam

Great! How about we just pick a date and see how many people want to come along too...
What about next week Friday evening, the 15th of January? We can give a bit more thought to a venue. If we do want to do bowling and dinner, then maybe Dunes in Verdun?

for me it's ok for friday 15th!:)
what is "dunes in verdun" is it a place?the bowling maybe?
sam

I'm interested.  Any fun activity would be great.  I would love to see who is living here and get to know some new friends.

Phil

Great. Through a few private messages, a couple of other people have also expressed an interest. And of course, feel free to bring along friends/family/colleagues and anyone else you have already met and who may be interested.

Dunes is the little shopping centre attached to the Holiday Inn and should be relatively easy for you (or your service/taxi driver) to find. It is in Verdun, which is an area of the city just under Hamra. There is a small bowling place in the basement as well as a cinema. And there is a Camber and Gambini's restaurant, which is quite a nice chain with food from all corners of the world.

So, how about an early (for Lebanese standards) dinner at 19.00, followed by drinks/bowling/a film, depending on what we all feel like. Let me know by Wednesday the 13th of January if you are definitely coming and if you are bringing anyone else with you, and I will book a table.

Laura

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Don't quite know where that Dunes place is at yet but I guess I'll figure it out.
Will let you know if I'm definitely coming

Helge

Colombian girl and Spanish boy:|

hi everyone! Great idea to meet us!

We have written to laura!! We hope to meet you too the next friday, for bowling and dinning. We wait one answer from laura if finally you on count us.

Best Regards

Angie and Carlos

Thanks to everyone who has posted a reply here or written to me directly. Our little social gathering on Friday will definitely go ahead. I will book the restaurant tomorrow and then confirm with everyone who signed up.

Do you also want to join us for dinner followed by drinks/bowling/cinema on Friday the 15th of January at Dunes in Verdun, Beirut? Let me know before midday tomorrow (13th).

hi Laura,
it's still ok for me,sounds great!let me know about the timing and where do we meet! have a nice day!
sam

Many thanks to everyone for their enthusiastic reactions. This site seems to be preventing me from sending private messages at the moment, so I hope everyone will read this. Looks like there will be nine of us on Friday: me, my husband Mark, Rabih, Helge, Sam, Angie, Carlos, Helen and Phil (who will be joining us a little later). Hope this is correct.

I have booked a table at Casper & Gambini's. The restaurant is part of Dunes centre in the Verdun area of Beirut. If you have trouble finding it or need to get in touch with the group for whatever reason, the restaurant's phone number is 01 797797. The table is booked under my name, Laura, so see you inside the restaurant at 19.00. Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday!

Very good! so see you on friday...

Sam, Phil, Helge, Helen,

Thanks for a nice evening out! Looking forward to the next chance to meet up.

take care,
Laura

Hi all

I just came back to Lebanon for a week and  missed the group rendez vous....Would any of you care to meet sometime this week?  I will be leaving again on Saturday and due back here at Easter....
Best regards
Anna64

Hello everyone i am currently saving to move to lebanon, and thought i'd give this site a go and try to makes some friends before i get there :)

Hey everyone...
here's a cool way to meet new people...
[moderated: no free ads]

I think the expats community in Lebanon is very small. When I came here a year ago, I only met foreigners from my Arabic Class in Jounieh. I am a Latino from the USA living here and mostly I found women married to lebanese guys and a few foreigners. Anyways, if you guys join for coffee, let me know.

Hi
I`m just moving here I wont to meet som new friends in Lebanon.

Reaching out again to fellow expats: anyone want to come along for a long, lazy lunch in the sun in Byblos this Saturday (1 May). We're meeting up at 12.00 at Starbucks on Sassine Square (Achrefiyeh, Beirut), then catching a bus up to Byblos. Let me know if you are joining us...
Laura

oh what a shame i missed this,keep me posted on any future events!

i would like to meet new freind.........can you contact me pleae?

I just moved here after 6 years in Dubai and want to meet like minded people. though I know this place quite a bit, (I visited often), I feel it is hard to meet people. I also feel that I need to be connected to more expats/Americans to feel sane. I'd love to know about any activities or events taking place or even if some one wants to go for a walk, I am happy to do anything, just to be able to speak English properly. So, please keep me posted! Cheers!

Hello Blue Sky 01 and hourie,

Just to inform you that this is a 3 years old thread. I invite you to start a new topic on the Lebanon forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

hello am new on this site

am interested if you r meeting in december because i will be there :)
cheers ;)

Hi All

I am new back to Lebanon even though I been visiting Beruit for many year now and I am planning to live here for good. I love the natrual countryside very much. Looking to meet Costa living here

:proud ... :|

Hi Moises
I'll b intetested in arranging to meet ovet a coffee. Where do u live? I live near Antelias.