Changing civil status inquiry

hello😀
I'm new here and i found this site very helpful especially for foreigners like me.

i would  like to ask if you guys have any idea about how long does it takes to change the civil status of my husband, he's a swiss and i'm a filipina.
we got married last year.
we decided to move back to switzerland but first he needs to change first his civil status to married.
we have no idea how long does it takes to be changed.

it would be nice to hear your ideas :)
have a nice day everyone !

:up:

hello Janice, where did you got married with your husband? cuz me and my hubby married in the philippines, he dont need to change his status cuz i think everything is automatically change, if you follow all of the step by step procedure of the swiss embassy. i was just confused, hehe sorry for asking. best regards! :):D

hello crezyl :)
we got married here in philippines also, i've got my cfo certificate as well,
but my husband stays here already for more than a year and it's just recently that we've decided to move in switzerland.
thanks for the info as well,
but we've contacted already the embassy and they just wanted us to submit our authenticated marriage certificate and my passport under my new surname :)

i just have no idea how long does it takes to change his status in the infostar if im not mistaken.

thanks again for the reply and have a nice day :)

im sorry janice cuz i dont have idea about waiting for changing status. i hope everything will be fine and quick. btw what Kanton will you and your family be settling here in switzerland?

nope it was really nice to hear someone from here :)

we will be living in rumlang.

yeah, we're praying for a fast processing of our papers .
thanks a lot crezyl :)

thanks a lot carlesha :)
yeah my husband is living with me
here, but he's just extending his tourist visa here for him to legally stay in Philippines..

we're really hoping for a quick processing of our papers.
thanks anyways .

Hello Janice,

To be quite honest alhough there isn't any specific time given to me when I went to the Philippine Embassy here in Switzerland to report my marriage, I must admit the process is finished even before I knew it. The only thing about your situation is you two got married in the Philippines, meaning that the documents are written in English language. For that I think you'd have to hire a translator (I'm guessing). I got married here so the translator was present during the time when me and my husband was pre-arranging the marriage papers and on the civil wedding day as well, thus documents was translated in German language simultaneously. I don't wanna give you false hopes regarding the paperworks but I believe it's going to be a tedious process. I strongly suggest that you coordinate this with the Swiss Embassy in Makati. In case you need the contact details il give them to you.

Hi janice...
if you wanted to use the surname start it with the easiest way..
Go to baranggay and ask for baranggay id together with your marriage contract..
After that go to postal office request for postal id presented with your marriage contract as well..
dfa cant issue a passport under your married surname you need to go cfo for seminar coz you can check the schedule online coz they have diiferent category of different country
Its 4 hours seminar and one on one interview with the councilor
not all applicant are qualified to issue the certificate its needs the be relationship is genuine..
After you get your certificate you can go to dfa for the passport..
Not hard to use the surname of your husband just go on the easiest step..
After you get your passport and apply for visa you need to go back to cfo for the stamp sticker coz if your married to a foriegner your going to leave here with the stamp of immigrant you cant live on the airport here without it

Hello mrs . Deschryver😊

I did alll the steps u said and our marriage was officially registered in swiss , and i am just actually waiting now for my visa so i can legally stay there.
I am really hoping that they will release it as soon as possible for i cant wait to experience life in swiss again😊

Thanks for yhe info guys and God bless us all!