Baby clothes and equipment

Hi all, I am having my first baby in a few months and I am looking for nice baby shops on the island to get all that stuff. Do you have any favorite stores to recommend? I am in Flic en Flac so it's best to get adresses around, but it is a small island so all suggestions are welcome. Thank you :)

Hello,

At quatre Bones you can get really nice Clothes at Island Haze Kids

OK thank you I will check it out :)

Hi Diane,
I'm also a future mama from Flic en Flac:) most essentials for baby I found in Meem at Cascavelle. Some clothes for newborn you can buy in Woolworth.  Very good shop is Orchestra at Bagatelle. But actually I prefer internet shopping  ;)

Hello,

Congratulation !!!  :)

I think Port Louis is the best place to go for baby clothes. ;)

HI Melissa,
Thank you! :) do you have any shop in particular in Port Louis?

Diane LS wrote:

Hi all, I am having my first baby in a few months and I am looking for nice baby shops on the island to get all that stuff. Do you have any favorite stores to recommend? I am in Flic en Flac so it's best to get adresses around, but it is a small island so all suggestions are welcome. Thank you :)

Was just going to tell you to read a post I have just answered then realised you have posted your question twice ;)

Hello you can find some baby stuff at meem.  Good luck ☺☺

Hi,
Have you tried the baby shop in Cascavelle which is near to you and also Trianon and Bagatelle?

Also have you tried the factory shops: These 2 sell Baby clothes.

1.  Earthchild - Avent - 2 that I know of: One in the shopping centre at Ebene  the one where there is Intermart, it's opposite MCB/SBM ATM) or there is the shop next to their factory, opposite the actual factory off the same old main road to QB about half way up you'll see a sign on the left for winners supermarket , turn left and continue this road until you reach the temple that is on the hill..cant miss it..the factory shop is just after the temple car park on the left.
They also have a FB page: facebook.com/EarthchildClothing?fref=ts

2. Zara now also sells baby clothes - St Jean Road, Quatre Bornes  tel 424 3032 also about 100m is another shop called Island kids.

So 3 Factory shops in QB :)

Please don't take this the wrong way but the Charity shops have many items of baby clothes and accessories, most are almost new, as you will find out babies grow so quickly so the clothes don't get used much.

Also there are mums FB groups for your area, mums giving advice to each other and also buying and selling baby/toddler stuff. Mums of the West, Island Mums,Black River Mums etc etc

Also remember you will get lots of baby clothes as presents when your little one arrives :)

Don't we all just love new babies :)

Good luck :)

Hi Rosiewestie!

many thanks for your precious infos! I will check out Quatre Bornes  as it seems like a good place to start the baby shopping mission! ( I'm also gonna look for Zara women hehe :P )

I have been to Trianon and Bagatelle but those have a little bit more upmarket shops and the choice is not that enormous...

About charity shops, do you know any good ones? I 'm keen to ckeck them out too.

As I just arrived 3 months ago I don't have a very large circle of friends and have no family here so I think i won't be having a big baby shower sadly (ok things can change, I still have 4 months to go!)

Thanks again! :)

Diane LS wrote:

Hi Rosiewestie!

many thanks for your precious infos! I will check out Quatre Bornes  as it seems like a good place to start the baby shopping mission! ( I'm also gonna look for Zara women hehe :P )

I have been to Trianon and Bagatelle but those have a little bit more upmarket shops and the choice is not that enormous...

About charity shops, do you know any good ones? I 'm keen to ckeck them out too.

As I just arrived 3 months ago I don't have a very large circle of friends and have no family here so I think i won't be having a big baby shower sadly (ok things can change, I still have 4 months to go!)

Thanks again! :)

Hi Diane,

Charity shop in Tamarin - enter Tamarin go past Leonard Cheshire home which will be on your right and at the first set of traffic lights turn left and the Charity shop is immediately on your left. Opening times: Mon, Tues, Wedn and Friday from 12 - 4

The Zara shop stocks womens clothes as well as baby clothes apparently :)

Have you joined the local groups for your area on FB? Mums of the West, Island Mums Mauritius, there is also one called Black River mums but the criteria is that you have to be a mum - but not long for you to go now :)

Do you drive and have a car? And you live in Flic en Flac?
Just trying to think of who I know who is also expecting or recently have had their baby and then I can put you in touch.

Do you know whether you are expecting a girl or a boy? or is it a secret ;)

You can always organise your own Baby Shower and invite a few of us :)

Hei Rosiewestie,

Thank you again for the extra info :) Earthchild and Zara do have lovely baby clothes so it's quite exciting.

I am already a member of Mums of the West on FB and regarding the others groups, my requests are now pending.

Yes I  live in teh center of Flic en Flac but I don't have a car during the week and I move around by bus . I can always make a plan however and if you think of people who would want to sell their used baby stuff, I would be interested. please keep me posted. :)

We don't know the baby's gender: we decided to wait until the birth ! that means I must go for gender neutral clothes and equipement until then!

You are right I must organise my own babyshower party, I should have met many friends by December ; you are on the guest list haha! :):)

congrats,

nice shop with good and affordable prices/products in goodlands.

Regards,

Acmez

You make mention of the factory that makes EarthChild clothing. Do you know what it is called?

Hi,
At Island kids in QBornes or AhLing at JUmbo Commercial centre Phoenix or Orchestra in Bagatelle tr's lot of varieties.
Rgds

Hi all,

Many thanks to all for the contributions.

I had a bad shopping experience in AhLing Phoenix.. very rude staff and ..boss/manager? I ended up buying big tickets items (combo pram- car seat, bed, play pen etc) there because I was too exhausted to look further in the end but they were not helpful nor friendly. Moreover they don't give any kind of guaranty on the things like pram etc... is that even usual here in Mauritius?

Regarding Zara factory shop in Quatre Bornes it wasnt good for bb clothes. Only about 10 different pieces to choose from in the shop when I went there.

I liked Monoprix Curepipe as well as Monoprix and Orchesta at Bagatelle (you do need to buy the membership card  at around 800 rs to get the discounted price at Orchestra but they have lovely everything).

I noticed Jumbo Phoenix has got a great selection of baby clothes from newborns to toddlers as well as all you need in terms of daily child care items (toiletry, nappies, breastfeeding items etc).
Wasn't blown away by Island kids...the shop is too messy for my taste.

Best luck with your baby stuff hunt. :)