5 year job contract

Good day all.

I have had a job offer from a MU on a 3 to 5 year contract. 

Q. Can we move all our furniture,  cars,  etc without to much trouble. Or is it easier to store stuff and rather get new things in Mauritius. 

Q. Would one need to import taxes on cars if on contract and taking it out again after a few years.

Thanks

Hi, you can put all your things into a container and ship it. Its the most effective way and works well. Just get the size of the rooms of your  housing prior, so that you can estimate where to place your stuff. If you have surplus items, you can also get self-storage facilities. Best to buy a car here in case there are differences in the model.

Cheers.

As we found out afterwards, if you ship your personal belongings within 6 months of arriving on the Island then you pay no Customs duty on them so long as all the goods are for your personal use and not to be sold.

We came originally for one year only, so placed our furniture in storage , we are still here almost 5 years later and when we enquired about bringing our things over we were told the above by customs - so best do it within the 6 months.

There is a recent post on shipping cars to Mauritius, can I suggest that you read this, can be quite costly to do and have to be under 4 years old.

Good luck :)

Hi Piere, trust you well, and congrats on your move.

If I may ask, what industry are you in, was it easy to get a job offer/contract?

We are South African, my wife and 2 kiddies are really considering the move.

I have 20 years experience in the Liquor Industry plus Property sector.

Have you perhaps got any contacts?

Thanks,

hi there is no need of shifting things from there it will be expensive any ways if you rent house you get full furnished . thank you

importing a vehicle IS Costly  and unfortunately purchasing one here is Expensive as well due to local duties taxes etc