Indonesian asking Schengen Visa - Assurance and money of bank account

Yo guys !

Since 2 years now I'm in a relationship with an Indonesian.
I would like to meet him on my own country but it seem a bit difficult for an Indonesian to get Schengen visa.

He is actually taking care of papers (like assurance since it's requested to obtain the visa) but there is only one shop in his town that take care of trip assurance and they got some administrative problems and need wait 2 months to got it. I wanted to know if you guys knew if it must be assurance of the own city of the person who asks the visa or if it's okay if it's assurance from any other place.

Also do anyone of you know how much money is needed for the visa be accepted ?
I heard of 5000 euros by some indonesians but it seem a high price for an indonesian (moreover my family did an accommodation certificate).

It would be stupid to go Jakarta and buy anything if it's going to fail cause these elements it's why I'm here asking.

Thanks a lot

(p.s : sorry for my bad english)

You/he should check the web site of the French Embassy in Jakarta. I believe you will find there all informations you need in order to obtain a Schengen Visa.

http://www.ambafrance-id.org/

Thanks happyhour, I already saw all of this even call them but they give different information with indonesian embassy in France so I am confused.

Paulingram --> to get schengen visa you need have an assurance that cover 30000 euros of damage that's in the requirement. 5000euros isn't cost of the visa but the required amount of money requested in the bank account from what I heard, cause they want you to proof you can live by yourself there.

thanks all

Just last question for you guys, do you know if "biodata penduduk warga negara indonesia" is useful ?
I tried to understand what it's in english but didn't understood x_x.

Im not indonesian but i applied for a schengen here in Indonesia recently.
The assurance/Insurance they are referring to is the TRAVEL INSURANCE in case something unfortunate will happen to your friend. Its easy to get this as you can get this online.
Your friend also has to show some financial proof, example money deposited on his bank account as proof he can sustain his european trip, this is an additional requirement to your invitation letter , etc.
He also need to show proof that he will go back to Indonesia. Such proof are Employment certificate, Certificate of Leave of Absence signed by his boss or HR.

I hope this helps... as posted above, check the embassy's website of the country he is visiting for the detailed requirements.

Linoff

Linoff...your post is spot on.

I hope it helps them. Sometimes the process of Application for schengen visa  or any visa to the western countries from third world countries can be a pain in the ass. Since I went through with that thought it might help if I share how the process is done. It varies from embassy to embassy but those were the main requirements..

indeed, it can be difficult for Indonesian to obtain Schengen visa. As others mentioned; he has to prove sufficient financial evidence that he can support himself and return to Indonesia.
For short stay visa, the following documents are required (extracted from TLS contact):
- Short stay visa application form
- Two recent, identity photos
- Round-trip flight ticket booking from/to Indonesia, copy
- Travel insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 covering at least the whole period of stay in the Schengen area It should cover emergency medical expenses, emergency hospital treatment as well as repatriation for medical reasons. The travel insurance should be: valid throughout the territory of the Member States of the Schengen area or worldwide if you apply for short stay visa/ valid for France if you apply for long stay visa/ valid for DROM/CTOM if you are going to French overseas territories.
- Hotel booking for the whole stay in Schengen area (Internet reservations without credit card guarantee could not be accepted), copy Or lodging attestation issued by the local town hall of host person residence covering the whole period of the stay (original+copy) or property ownership certificate or leasing contract in France
- Bank statement of the applicant covering the last three months, original; attesting that the applicant has sufficient financial means to cover the expenses in the Schengen area
- Original certificate of employer indicating the name and the functions of the interested party, the hiring date, monthly wages, the authorization of absence, and who will be in charge of the financial support for the duration of the stay. On this document must be stated the address, phone and fax numbers of the employer, the seal of the company, as well as the signature, the name and the functions of the person in charge who delivered this certificate.
- Last 3 payslips, copy
- Certificate of Registered Family and Permanent Residence (family card), copy
- A national private passport or official travel document valid for at least more than 3 months beyond the validity of the requested visa, with two blank visa pages with the mention “visa” to affix the visa sticker.

Best ask him to access the TLScontact application form; and check himself whether he can meet all requirement or not.

Wow. I did not know it could be so complicated.