New and lonely in Marrakech!

Hello everyone! I just moved to Marrakech about a week ago and I'm a little overwhelmed! Food poisoning (no more street food for me) has recently kept me from getting out there and meeting people, but I'm starting to feel better now!

I'd love to make some girl friends around my age (I'm 22). I love traveling, experiencing new cultures, photography, fashion, beer, wine, hiking, history, Netflix.... I'm really interested in trying new things here, like maybe some yoga classes and learning Arabic or practicing my French!

I'd love to get some coffee or like some sandwiches or something because I can't even look at tajine right now. :sosad:

you will find this city amazing

Wow you've picked an amazing place to move to. Im in casablanca atm but marrakech is my favourite place. How have you got on there so far?  You're in a very nice area of marrakech btw.

I'll be in Marrakech for the winter, starting this late November.  If you are around then, and want to meet up, send me a message and we'll coordinate something.  I'm always happy to meet new people and expand my social circle, especially in a place where English speakers are less common.

I love watching movies, but Netflix does not work in Morocco.  Something to do with licensing agreements.  No doubt you've already discovered this...but there are alternatives, which I can show you.

My husband and I are new to Morocco, and living in Marrakech. He's a magician, and I'm a linguist. We'd be happy to meet people so we can broaden our horizons! We've just spent 2 years in Phnom Penh, and it'd be nice to talk to people...!!!

Hi there!  I would love to meet you guys!  I am in Marrakech part time only, at this point in time (I spend the winters there) but am invested in expanding my social circle there.  I'll be there starting the end of November, through the end of March, and it would be lovely to get together and introduce you to the friends I already have there.  Feel free to contact me privately on this site!  Jen

Thanks! We're going to give Marrakech a month or so, but if things don't start 'perking up' we'll be off. I'm from London, my husband is from Washington state. We both look forward to meeting you. I speak Arabic (not Darija), and fluent French. If you like, we could practice together?!

Hi JenB,

I just made the move to Marrakech last month. I was living in Tetouan last year. I also live in the medina and I share a small riad with a flatmate.

I'd love to meet sometime over tea and I'm always happy to meet other expats.

Best,
Israel

hi there,

I also moved recently to marrakesh.
I'm looking to organize a little drink or something so if you are interested, hit me with a message.

Kind Regards
Stijn

I LOOK friends in marrakech

I am in Marrakesch 30 nov. evening

hi there how are you doing?

I am Peter from England.  I am in Marrakesch 30 november. I use my school french to converse and love a tea coffee or a beer.I love music. .I play guitar.  Say if u would like a drink.

For all the men who posted on this thread: she is very clear that she wants female friends.
You all have one body part extra...

Please,  respect her wishes and check your reading skills again.

Good point.  I did not think.  also anyone could respond.  thanks Primadonna

Mozartbailey wrote:

Good point.  I did not think.  also anyone could respond.  thanks Primadonna

No worries, just a reminder to all the posters on this thread  ;)

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : off topic