Please recommend international school

Hi,

We will be posted to Jakarta end of this year. Can anyone recommend a British international school. My child is 10years old & would be in year 6 this semester.

Thank you much

Hi

Does anyone know if there is Math Monkey programme in Jakarta. If do do they teach in English?

Welcome to the forum,

I think for better interaction, you may want to place your post in Jakarta forum that you can choose from DESTINATIONS on the top banner.

Good luck
Z

Wasn't her original post (her being usanaindonesia) posted under the Jakarta topic heading?

Am I missing something here?  :/

Anyway, back on point, and only able to express what other friends living in Jakarta have said, JIS (Jakarta International School) seems to be among the very best (if not the best)...although there is a dark cloud over their heads these days.  You can Google about that for details. 

There are a number of regular forum participants here based in Jakarta, as well as one teacher, so you should be able to count on some meaningful feedback from them...and they won't give a flip, how, or where, you posted your important and valid question.

Nopes, otherwise I wouldn't recommend posting it in Jakarta forum.

Glad you could help her in the matter.
Z

Ubudian wrote:

Wasn't her original post (her being usanaindonesia) posted under the Jakarta topic heading?

Am I missing something here?  :/

"Nopes, otherwise I wouldn't recommend posting it in Jakarta forum."

Wasn't her post originally posted in the Jakarta forum?  Sure looks that way!   :/

Or, are you saying that you moved it there...and if that's the case, why not just come out and say so?   ;)

usanaindonesia wrote:

Hi,

We will be posted to Jakarta end of this year. Can anyone recommend a British international school. My child is 10years old & would be in year 6 this semester.

Thank you much

There is only one I'm aware of, the British international school in Bintaro, South Tangerang.
They have a website, but the school is poorly signposted, so a lot of people just drive straight past it, missing it completely.
However, there are many top quality English language international standard schools in the Jakarta area.
Binus has an excellent reputation, to name just one.
If these schools' prices are too rich for your tastes, there are a lot of good quality national plus schools, but these tend to be bilingual, not sticking to English.

Ubudian wrote:

JIS (Jakarta International School) seems to be among the very best (if not the best)...although there is a dark cloud over their heads these days.  .

I'm going to try to be fair to that school, the allegations are suspect, and no evidence of any value has been presented to anyone.
No magic stones or any bricked up hidden rooms have been found, nor has any evidence there was any assault at all,
Full anal sex on a 6 year old kid, but absolutely no physical damage seems a little hard to believe.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother to google any of the allegations - waste of time.
I would have no problem at all sending my kids there.

OKay Okay FINE!!! Yes, it was posted in the New Members threads and I asked the member to post it in Jakarta forum and I guess a moderator then moved it to Jakarta forum obviously! There you go!!  :joking::lol:

Enjoy the day!
Z

Ubudian wrote:

Or, are you saying that you moved it there...and if that's the case, why not just come out and say so?   ;)

I haven't been following the JIS situation much lately Fred.  Have the two janitors been totally exonerated? 

Thanks Xeeschan.  Now the continuity of the thread makes sense.   ;)

:top:

Ubudian wrote:

I haven't been following the JIS situation much lately Fred.  Have the two janitors been totally exonerated?

I was concerned that would take us off topic, but the OP is asking about English language school (Mainly British), and the JIS silliness could make a difference to their choice, so I'll answer.
The caretakers were convicted, but there is a lot of feeling on their side - I haven't followed their case even closely enough to comment in an intelligent manner, so I won't try.
The Canadian and local guy were released a few weeks ago, the appeal judge citing lack of evidence.
There were supposed to have been bricked up hidden rooms and a magic stone that healed the injuries and took away any pain after anal sex with the children.
I'm less than inclined to believe this, preferring to believe in Harry Potter as it's far more likely to be true.
However, the prosecution fancy another go at this - I suppose a fairy godmother has brought new evidence forward.

As far as I'm aware, there are no bad or dangerous international schools in Jakarta, nor are there any I'd be disinclined to send my kids to, noting the exception of cost - but that's a personal thing, not a reason for anyone else to rule out a school.

i think high scope in cilandak south jakarta is good