Looking for cheap condo or apartment in Makati, Pasay, or Mandaluyong.

Thought this would be a nice forum to post on since it's pretty active and is used by expats.

My wife and I live in a really small condo (around 15 sqm) in Makati (we are near the Red Light district and the Pasig River and also the bridge that goes to Mandaluyong) for 10k per month.  We also have 2 pet cats.

We kinda rushed to find a condo when we moved to Makati so now we want to find a better one.  Been here for almost a year now.

Looking for a bigger condo (hopefully 25-40sqm) that ALLOWS PETS and is around 7-9K per month.  Also a safe and flood-free area would be great too.  Every condo or apartment we went to in our area keeps saying "bawal pets".  It's like.....seriously?? what's wrong with animals??  My cats are trained and are very quiet.

We can't afford the big fancy condos that are 25k and above per month and we aren't in the position to invest in pre-selling condos.  Does anyone know any good condos or apartments in the area?  Ideally Makati but we can also move to nearby cities.

Can I take the one you are in now off your hands?....i need a crash pad in that area. I'm living in north Luzon and come vthe quite often. That would save me big time in hotel fees.

Haha, well there's actually quite a lot of condos/apartments in the area I live in which is near City Hall in Barangay Poblacion.  Problem is....the condo building my wife and I live in is the ONLY one that allows pets or at least it seems to be.  But we can't move out until we find a new place to move to.  And yea, I had the same problem.  Visited Manila a lot and wished we had a place to stay.  This condo is OK if you do not give a damn about where you want to live.  It gives you a roof over your head, bathroom, sink, lighting, and an easy way out of the building cuz its on first floor, but the space is cramped up.  Like I said, my wife and I were rushing to find a place and now looking for a bigger space.

tawatson15 wrote:

Haha, well there's actually quite a lot of condos/apartments in the area I live in which is near City Hall in Barangay Poblacion.  Problem is....the condo building my wife and I live in is the ONLY one that allows pets or at least it seems to be.  But we can't move out until we find a new place to move to.  And yea, I had the same problem.  Visited Manila a lot and wished we had a place to stay.  This condo is OK if you do not give a damn about where you want to live.  It gives you a roof over your head, bathroom, sink, lighting, and an easy way out of the building cuz its on first floor, but the space is cramped up.  Like I said, my wife and I were rushing to find a place and now looking for a bigger space.

Back to the question at hand.... Can I take over the unit at that price. Obviously im OK with all that. As stated it is to be a crash pad in place of a hotel.

Hi tawatson15 ,
Are you looking for a furnished apartment or unfurnished?
My girlfriend and I live in a condo in San Lazaro near a SM Mall and the UST hospital and University of Santo Tomas.
If your interested in a unfurnished 24 s/m studio, I know they are asking 8,000 p.
But not sure about them allowing pets, but can ask for you if you want.

Réal D

Just like everything else here offer a pet deposit non refundable... Money gets things done here...as long as the cats aren't roaming the building. There is no such things as no here when you learn to grease.
.I'm an expert at grease.

@sirrobcentral - What do you mean by "take over"?  Actually, my wife who is Filipino and is also a master of small-talking has never been successful in getting the managers at condos/apartments to be lenient about pets.  They always say "sorry po" and just smile or give a small laugh.  Only time we got passed the No Pets rule was in Dagupan where we accidentally became pet owners.  The security guard was trying to feed the cats roaming around in the parking lot and saw my excitement.  I asked if I could adopt one of the small cats and he said yes.  The landlady didn't see or hear about this until several weeks later and when she saw my cat in my unit, she was kinda stunned but allowed me to have the cat.  I'm guessing her and the security guard were related somehow....or she didn't want to talk to me about having a pet.  But anyways, that was just one scenario that occurred in Dagupan.

There's this notion that if you are a foreigner and you show the cha-ching, the landlady/landlord will allow you to break the rules a bit.  But I don't think this is true all the time and I think it is a bit steriotypical.  Some managers don't care about the money and really want to enforce the rules. 

@Dreal1 - wooohhh, San Lazaro?  Not a big fan of the area surrounding UST and that's a bit far from where we are.  Have to take a taxi to get to the UST area.

I truly feel for you. I'm a cat lover also. If they are going to be only in your unit then why announce their presence?

sirrobcentral wrote:

I truly feel for you. I'm a cat lover also. If they are going to be only in your unit then why announce their presence?

Because it raises a few eyebrows when you see a cat cage going into a room.  My cats also get stressed sometimes so if I try to cover them up, they will cry a bit.  50-75% of the time, they are inside the condo.  The rest of the time, they run around outside and have fresh air.  I trust that they will come back so I don't put a collar on them, which is recommended but eh....I trust my cats.  They ALWAYS come back 100% of the time.

I just recently connected with someone on facebook who surprisingly knew some condos in the area so I'll check them out.  If anybody has suggestions, feel free to post.

Condos are priced as Php 10k above. Now if you would to have more spacious one, you may consider an apartment instead. you're 10k will be much better to apartment than condo.

Hello there! U can contact my friend in Manila so he can give u a better advise in your property needs.

U may call Mr. Frendy, my trusted friend and agent as well.

[Moderated by EB Team: For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum ]

Just mention my name, Ruth.

Good investing.

try to look near makati city hall.  those 5 storey residential building will fit your budget.

most condos in manila really dont allow pets..me too, i dont know why they dont like pets in condos even your pet is trained..try looking for apartment out of makati area. you will see cheaper apartment outside makati.dont look around taft manila area its really freaking there when its rainy days. try somewhere in baclaran paranaque area..i can guide you to find one out there..theres a place there its flood free and accessible to market, mall of asia and church

lightseeker21 wrote:

Condos are priced as Php 10k above. Now if you would to have more spacious one, you may consider an apartment instead. you're 10k will be much better to apartment than condo.

What is the difference between a Condo and an Apartment, in the Philippines?

A "Condo" is a separate living unit in a building.

An "Apartment" is a separate living unit in a building.

In the UK, we use the term "flat" for a separate living unit in a building.

in Australia the term for a separate living unit in a building is "Unit".

Near Makati City Hall theres a cheaper condo and along osmena highway where i live.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Drop you sales advert in the Housing in Philippines section

Hello i worked in consulting corp before there are cheap apartment and house to rent especially in mandalauyong that provides your needs try to look on olx or lamudi.com.ph or move in the city.com

Please check out my ad if you're interested. Its located in Pioneer St. Mandaluyong.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services freely on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@tawatson15   i got 3 condos in makati at laureano de trevi towers located like right next to mall of asia . im trying to sell or rent them out. let me know if interested .

rey2486 said . . . i got 3 condos in makati at laureano de trevi towers located like right next to mall of asia . im trying to sell or rent them out. let me know if interested .

Po. . . . If I rent your condo can I post date the check 8 years?

-

Yes Bob 8 years ago, wonder how much the rent went up or still vacant?

Cheers, Steve.

@tawatson15 You can check out Lamudi's listings for condo for rent to get an idea of the available options in your budget range. You can access Lamudi's website from any internet browser, and I believe they also have an app.

@tawatson15 You can check out Lamudi's listings for condo for rent to get an idea of the available options in your budget range. You can access Lamudi's website from any internet browser, and I believe they also have an app.

-@georgemiller

georgemiller. . . You are 8 years too late.

Closed