Medial / Dental services Vientiane

For anyone contemplating a holiday in this beautiful country nothing is worse than getting sick or having to find medical assistance. You should always take out travel insurance cover.
However, some policies will not cover you for motorbike accidents on a hire bike or high risk activities. When taking out this cover be sure to read the policy carefully so that you fully understand what it covers you for. These policies will only cover you for a certain time as well. 

Over the years there have been improvements in hospitals and clinic in Vientiane. There are also very good hospitals across the border in Thailand.

Nong Kai. ( Just across the friendship bridge)
Wattana Hospital.  +66 42465201

Udon Thani approx 50 klm from Nong Kai) 
AEK Udon international hospital +66 42342555

Vientiane
Allianz international medical centre 021513095
Souphanavong Rd next to Honda Chip centre.
This is a very good international standard centre run by the Wattana hospital group 

French Clinic
Boulevard Kouvieng Ban Simuang 021214150
This clinic is run 24 / 7

Mahosot international clinic 021351151 

Dental Clinics

The French clinic also has a very good dental clinic with a French dentist.   

Many other dental clinics can be found in Vientiane.

There is a very good dental clinic in Vientiane run by a Lao dentist who did 10 years training and clinic work in Canada. The clinic has modern western type equipment set up.

Located on Chao Fa Ngum Road behind the Wind West pub. 

As always please check information offered as phone numbers and other details may have changed.

There are clinics in other areas of Laos so please do some research.

Enjoy your holiday....

You have left off the Lao-Viet Hospital down from Hospital 103 and on the other side of the road. I echo the comments regarding the Dental Clinic behind Wind West. I had a crown done there for $110.

Hi stumpy,

Thank you for your nice post and for this sharing of information. :)

Regards

Priscilla

Read some good information here but some of it seems to be a bit 'old' now. I have a question regarding dental care (dentists) in Vientiane as well. I have a dental implant and I have the feeling that the crown on top of it (maybe together with the ‘cement' at the back and in the worst case the implant itself) became loose after a barbeque with very nice meat…

I read about the dental service at the French clinic (unfortunately I can only find more information about the clinic in French) and also about medical facilities at the Australian Embassy (I don't know if dental care is included) and a good dentist behind Wind West Pub.

Anyone has any idea about the best place for this matter that might be quite a bit more complicated than ‘just' a filling or something like that? If they are not equipped for this or don't have the skills to do it, maybe some X-ray photos are already a good first step to at least know what is wrong..

Your advice is very much appreciated!!!

Thank you very much! Kop chai lai lai!

Eman23 wrote:

Read some good information here but some of it seems to be a bit 'old' now. I have a question regarding dental care (dentists) in Vientiane as well. I have a dental implant and I have the feeling that the crown on top of it (maybe together with the ‘cement' at the back and in the worst case the implant itself) became loose after a barbeque with very nice meat…

I read about the dental service at the French clinic (unfortunately I can only find more information about the clinic in French) and also about medical facilities at the Australian Embassy (I don't know if dental care is included) and a good dentist behind Wind West Pub.

Anyone has any idea about the best place for this matter that might be quite a bit more complicated than ‘just' a filling or something like that? If they are not equipped for this or don't have the skills to do it, maybe some X-ray photos are already a good first step to at least know what is wrong..

Your advice is very much appreciated!!!

Thank you very much! Kop chai lai lai!

The Oz embassy does not do dental at all.
The French Clinic has good up to date dental facilities.
The best dentist is the Lao who has his clinic in behind the Wind West bar / night club. He was trained and spent 10 years in Canada and has modern up to date equipment.

Thanks again Stumpy! Went to the French Medical Centre (French Dental Center Vientiane) yesterday after the crown falling out un Sunday and I am very happy with the work they've done. The clinic looks clean, the dentists are very friendly and the service was very good. They use good material and I talked with one of the dentists for quite a while (a very friendly man).

Happy with the service and the work they've done and I can recommend the place. It is not very expensive either and I think quality sometimes costs a bit more. It looks like the crown is in properly again and it feels even more smooh than before. The gum is still a bit irritated but I think this will be better soon.